Saturday 27 February 2016

52CCT - Technique ....

.... Hello, good morning!  Surprise, two days in a row!  It's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT08-16.  This week we have a technique for you to try - STENCILLING.  You can stencil the background or make it the main feature of your card.  I decided to stencil a background:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Folk Art Christmas Additions
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Lucky Clover, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron
Dies: WMS - Folk Art Christmas; Die-namics - Wonky Rectangle Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Wild Wasabi; Silver Embossing Powder; Dylusion Stencil - Christmas


I've gone with the theme of bells, which just happens to be the challenge at this week's Merry Monday - MM#193.  I stencilled some bells around the edge of the card using three shades of Distress ink and a Dylusions stencil.  I cut a panel of green card with a wonky stitched die and stamped the sentiment directly on the panel.  I stamped three bells in Versamark, embossed them with silver powder and cut them out with the matching die.  I coloured the flowers with the same three shades of green that I used to stencil the design.  The two bells in the background have been adhered flat to the card and I've used dimensional gel under the centre bell.  I finished the front by added a little gem to the top bell.  At the moment the inside of the card is not finished - I'll get it done during the week.

Merry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspirational ideas from the rest of the team.  You've got until midnight (GMT) Friday 4th March to play along.

Before I go, I must just say something about the stamps I've used here.  This set was designed by Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps.  Many of you know that I'm a huge fan of Claire's stamps, so I was very sad to read earlier this week that Claire is closing down Waltzingmouse Stamps.  While I wish Claire every success in her future endeavours, I am sad to see WMS close. However, you will still WMS sets used on my cards!  Thank you Claire.

signature

7 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Such a pretty Christmas card!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card! The silver bells are gorgeous!

AlisonC said...

Lovely, the bells are so pretty.

Bonnie said...

What pretty bells, Deborah! Love the soft green you've used with them! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

maria f. said...

So very pretty, Deborah. Thought of you when I read about WMS. Sad, eh?

Julia Aston said...

Love your silver bells with the colorful flowers on them!

Fabiola said...

Superbe ce combo vert bleu et argent Deborah, chic et si élégant, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...