Sunday 20 September 2015

SNG - Beautiful .....

.....  Good afternoon!  I'm a bit later than planned with today's post.  I just didn't get chance to go in my craft room yesterday - I'll explain later.  In the meantime, it's my turn to host the post at Sparkle and Glitter where we showcase Rick St Dennis digis and I think this image is just wonderful:

Beautiful You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Vivienne; Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #6; Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lucky Limeade; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold; Glossy Accents


 I based the colours on this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#328 and the layout is from Retro Sketches - RS#182.  The image is one of the new ones I got last week.  I printed her on white card, coloured with Copics, cut her out with a scalpel and edged her with a black marker.  Then I added some clear sparkle to her feathers, furs, eyeshadow  and lipstick, and did gold on her earrings - love Wink of Stella brushes!  I ran the completed image through my Xyron to make her self-adhesive.  In the Cupcake inspiration photo there's some lovely dotty paper, so I added some rather grungy dots behind the image.  I finished the front with a bold sentiment - love these new sentiments from Uniko.  I decided to add some Glossy Accents to the glass of her spectacles - lovely shine!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and stamped some more grungy dots on the white panel.  There's no sentiment inside, I left it blank for my own message.

Beautiful You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeautiful You sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Beautiful You detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think by now you know that I think Rick's Hat Ladies are just gorgeous.  They really do make the most elegant cards, and I use mine for birthdays or just because.  If you want to see all my Hat Lady cards, you can check out my Rick St Dennis Album on Facebook.  And it you want to get some of Rick's super digital images you can check out his Zibbet or Esty shops.

The main reason I didn't get this card up earlier is because I spent most of yesterday with Kat.  Kat didn't so much have a birthday day, more a birthday week!  Friday night Kat's friends gave her a surprise party - she had no idea that it was happening.  The party was here at home - all I did was provide the venue, some pizza and a cake, her friends did the rest.  They all had a great time. Here are a few photos:

Kat's BD 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kat's BD 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Alyx, Cody and Savannah came over to the house to decorate.
Black and red colours.
Summer took Kat up to the local mall.

Kat's BD 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kat's birthday cake - I have to admit that I didn't make it - tasted good!

Kat's BD 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kat's BD 5 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

All the guests arrived before Kat got home.
I took this one of them all on the stairs waiting for Kat to arrive.

Kat's BD 6 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It was still light, so the kids went into the back yard!
They were so LOUD!!!

Yesterday we had some Mum & Daughter time - we had a relaxed afternoon at the local spa and then had dinner out.  And now the week is over and Kat is sitting at the table doing her homework - she's not happy!!!  Jonathan's away at a photography weekend in New Hampshire, so while Kat's studying, I'm going to play in my craftroom!  That's it for now - see you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Very pretty card, great image! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
- Sandy, DT Sweetie

Buffy said...

Great card, love the stamp.
Glad to hear Kath had a lovely birthday.
Hugs
Buffy x
& Mawgan x

Naki said...

Such a pretty card! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...