Sunday 6 September 2015

Just a Note ...

.... I do hope that all my American friends are enjoying the long weekend.  We've been blessed with fabulous weather here in Northville - so nice that Kathryn can really enjoy her last free weekend before starting back to school on Tuesday.

I've a fun card for you today made using a couple of prompts:

Just a Note - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - All Occasion Sentiments #1; Inkadinkadoo - Pens
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze; Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU/Sizzix EP - Pretty Print; SU Card - Real Red; Wink of Stella - Silver


I CASEd Carol's beautiful card at MUSE - MUSE#131, I just love those gorgeous quills on her card.  And, as the cue word at CASology - CAS#162 is WRITE, I'm playing along there too. 

I made my card landscape to work with this super scripty embossing folder (writing!).  I stamped the pens several times echoing the colours of the feather quills and then cut them out.  I added a touch of sparkle to the pens with my silver Wink of Stella brush.  Before embossing the white panel I stamped the greeting in black.  On the inside I cut a panel of red cart and on the white panel stamped the pens in soft grey.

Just a Note inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJust a Note Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It does feel very strange not having Mum here with us - but we'll see her again at Christmas.  That's all for today.  See you soon.

signature

14 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Deborah I adore these fountain pens! You've stamped them in the most darling way... and they totally represent every lovely thing about c's card... and you do know how much I love embossing...
=] Michele

OH Babs said...

Lovely card Deborah. I am smitten with embossing folders so that caught my eye, but I also love the fountain pens.

Dawn said...

What a great little card! Totally inspired to use that embossing folder with the fountain pens!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carole said...

really nice card especially the pen stamps, great idea with the embossed background xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful Deb! Love the embossed background!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Deborah! Love those fabulous multicolored pens! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow! This is a fantastic take on the Muse! Love those colorful fountain pens! (I actually collected and still love fountain pens)

Anonymous said...

I just love how you have inked those fountain pens, Deborah, and as for that embossing folder. That's a clear favourite of mine also! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

foleysfriend said...

Very clever interpretation of the Muse card; feathers - quill pens - fountain pens! Love the additional texture of the embossing folder

cm said...

Deborah, I'm wearing a smile alllll over my face in seeing your brilliant interpretation of my muse card! Your fountain pens, paired with the scripty embossing, are seriously amazing! So delighted that you found inspiration in my card and created something so fresh and charming! Thank you for joining the Muse gallery this week!
Hugs~c

Ardyth said...

Great to see you at Muse this week, with this fun take on the inspiration - love the pens!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love all the details in the fun fountain pens!! Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at CAsology this week, so glad that you did!!

Anita in France said...

Those fountain pens are fabulous, Deborah ... love how the background texture is mimicked in the writing on the pens! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...