Wednesday 30 September 2015

ASM - CAS .....

....  Good Evening!  Autumn has definitely arrived, not so much in terms of the temperatures, as it's still very pleasant here, but more by the fact that the nights are drawing in.  It's getting quite dark now.  Anyway, enough of that, it's time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This week we have our very popular CAS challenge - keep it clean, keep it simple and minimal embellishments.  Mine's a bit CAS plus this time, but still quite simple!!

Gloomies Away - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Sweet Pea Stamps Digi - Dancing in the Rain by Helena Reis; Papertrey Ink - Scattered Showers Additions
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Dies: Die-namics - Cross Stitched Oval Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; Ribbon; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


Our sponsor this week is Sweet Pea Stamps and I've used one of their lovely digital images on my card.  The winner of this challenge will get 4 digis from the store.  I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday - SS#380 for the layout.  I printed the image on white card, cut her out with a die and then coloured with Copic markers, adding a touch of sparkle to her umbrella and hairband with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I cut a panel of white card onto which I stamped some raindrops and adhered it to the card.  I cut a panel of white card, stamped the sentiment, attached it to the card and added some ribbon to cover the join.  I used dimensional tape to attach the diecut image.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale grey card and stamped a simple greeting and a bright sun on the white panel.  There's lots of space for my message.

Gloomies away inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGloomies away sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit our blog to see some more inspiration cards from the rest of the design team.  Have fun!  See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

As always, your card is amazing, Deborah! Beautiful CAS design and Copic coloring, and I love your sun on the inside!

Tanja said...

great coloring and fabulous card design

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How fun! LOVE your card and the ribbon is so pretty! I would love those boots and umbrella, too!

Kathy S said...

I'd sure have a brighter day if I received this sweet card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. Good luck.

Shona Chambers said...

Love that sentiment, will have to remember the 'Gloomies' next time it rains!! Gorgeous card, love your colouring so much and this image is such a sweetheart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...