Wednesday 23 September 2015

TMR - Colours - Neon ....

....  Hello!!  It's an absolutely beautiful morning here in Northville - and I've been playing in my craft room!  Our challenge over at The Male Room - TMR#19-15 this week is to use NEON colours on your masculine projects.  I know that many people find it quite tough to create masculine cards, but I really like making them.  So I thought I'd share a card I made this morning - it is quite bold and bright:

Congrats - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Serendipity Stamps - Stars; Stampin' Up! - Sassy Salutations
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Neon Handmade Paper; Vellum; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder


I used my Serendipity stars to create the background and as that's the challenge this month at Serendipity Stamps Challenge - SSCB#47 I'm playing along with them.  This set of stamps has four different images and I think the ribbons work for a masculine styled card.  I stamped the image in Memento and coloured the ribbons with Copic markers.  I edged the finished panel with a black marker to give some definition.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum, heat embossed with clear powder and wrapped it round the stamped panel, before layering it on some neon handmade paper (I've had this in my stash for ages) and attached the whole panel to the card with dimensional tape.  I kept the inside really simple with a narrow vertical panel of the neon handmade paper and white card.

Congrats inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCongrats sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Whatever your plans are for the rest of the day - have a good one!  Bye for now.

signature

6 comments:

Karen Amidon said...

Deborah, thanks so much for playing along in the Serendipity challenge. I love the stars used for the background and your colors are great. This is a wonderful card for anyone!

Marybeth said...

Hi Deborah! I sure miss all the fun we all used to have with Waltzingmouse stamps! I don't think I have ever seen that star ,you sure made a pretty background with It! Thanks for playing in the Serendipity Stamps Challenge, so happy to see you here and thanks for the visit.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love your card Deborah! I really like the way you colored the stars - it really shows off the design. This one has always been a favorite of mine - reminds me of a pretty little woven Christmas Ornament that my mom picked up years ago and that I now have! Thanks for joining us in the Serendipity Stamps Background Challenge!

Vickie Z said...

Love those stars in these bright and beautiful colors!! So glad you joined us at Serendipity!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful! I love the colors & your bg of stars looks terrific. Thanks for joining us at Serendipity Stamps.

Jeanne J. said...

So nice to see you playing at SS Deborah! You do the most amazing things with backgrounds! Love the colors and the way you repeated the colors on the matt background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...