Tuesday 8 September 2015

AC - Be You ...

.... Morning everyone!  I'm running a bit late with my post today - it's Kathryn's first day back to school - and she's in High School!  We were all up a bit earlier than previously - Kathryn was up at 5am!!!  She has realised that this is a bit too early and will be adjusting it tomorrow.  I managed to get her to have some breakfast before she headed out to school, but she wouldn't let me take a photo!  Darn!

Today I'm hosting our post at Airless Chambers, where we share some of Rick St Dennis's darker images.   I've used a couple on the art journal page that I'm sharing with you this morning:

Be You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digis: Please Don't Feed My Hat, Steampunk Rose Bug; Dylusions - Laugh Til You Leak, Bits of This, Pondering Petunia; Stampers Anonymous - Brett Weldele The Presenters
Inks: Dylusions - Pomegranate Seed, Tangerine Dream, Postbox Red, Bubblegum Pink, Slate Grey; Distress - Black Soot, Festive Berries; Archival - Jet Black, Plum
Accessories: Dylusion Art Journal Book; White Lustre Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Green, Red; Signo White Pen; Sakura Stardust Pens; Stencils - Dylusions - Chequered Dots, Skulls; CWS - Mini Branches; Tim Holtz - Scribbles


I printed the Zombie hat lady and the steampunk rose on white card, coloured them with Copic makers, cut them out and added some sparkle using Wink of Stella and Sakura Stardust pens.  I ran both images through my Xyron to make them self-adhesive and adhered them to the page.  made the background at our regular Scrappy Chick Kitchen Roll Sprayers meeting a while ago. Last night I added some more to the background using several stencils - Skulls, Scribbles and Mini Branches.  I also stamped some of Dyan's images on the page as well as the fab rose from Brett Weldele.  I stencilled the border using black distress ink.  I finished the page by adding some white highlights to the eyes, around the words and drew a border to frame the page.  I think this sentiment works with the images. 

As I've used mostly reds on this page I'm submitting the page to the current challenge over at Left of Centre - LOC#94 where the team want us to use mostly reds!  Done.

Be You Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here are a couple of close up photos of the two main focal images - I did have fun colouring them in.

Be You Lady - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBe You Rose - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can find the images  Please Don't Feed My Hat and Steampunk Rose Bug at Rick's Zibbet shop.  You will also find over a 1,000 more digital images - have fun!!  That's all for today.

signature

1 comment:

raven said...

What a great creation. I absolutely love the quote that you've used. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at the Left of Center Challenges. Good Luck. Genny DT xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...