Thursday 3 September 2015

SNG - Happy Birthday ....

.... Hello again!  If you want to see my Uniko card for Time Out Challenges click here.

I'm hosting our post over at Sparkle and Glitter with a very elegant and feminine birthday card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Musetta; Kaisercraft - Time Machine; Stampin' Up! - Something to Say
Inks: SU - Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Violet Crush; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Sakura Stardust Pen - Silver


Isn't she the most beautiful woman?  I've had Musetta printed for a while and when I saw the colours at this week's Colour Q - cQc#306 I knew I had to colour her.  I used Copic markers and added some sparkle to the gems and ribbon with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I used a silver Stardust pen to colour her earrings, necklace and tiara.  I lightly drew a border around the image and carefully cut her out.  I covered the base of the card with some design paper and adhered Musetta directly to the card.  I finished the front with a simple birthday sentiment.  On the inside I used another sheet of design paper for a mat layer and on the white panel added a simple greeting and an image of a clock.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Rick draws the most gorgeous images of women - you can find Musetta in the Historic Ladies section of the Zibbet shop.  But there are lots more lovely ladies in Rick's shop, and you know that I love Rick's Hat Ladies!   Adult colouring books are all the rage at the moment and Rick has two fabulous books available on his Zibbet Shop - Rhinestones, Furs and Feathers - a collection of wonderful ladies and The Day of the Dead - sugar skulls, etc.  Both the books on Zibbet are limited, signed editions. 


The books are also available at Amazon - but these editions are not signed.

That's all from me for today.  I've got a busy day in prospect - sorting out Mum's stuff and getting things ready to pack - she goes back to the UK tomorrow.  See you soon.

signature

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful coloring Deborah, this is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Claire said...

Wow Deborah - your colouring is immaculate. You've captured the shade and shine in her curls perfectly. So clever! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...