Wednesday 2 September 2015

ASM - Photo ....

....  Good evening everyone - it's the first day of September here in the States and summer is back in full swing in Northville, it's been a fabulous day.  It's time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! and this week we have a photo to inspire you.  Do tell us what inspires you about the photo - I think mine is obvious.  I think there's a definite autumnal/fall feeling to the image and here are my cards, I made two!

Warm my Heart - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stitching Bear Digi - Mushroom Town (Alipeeps Art); Stampin' Up! - Sheltering Tree
Inks: SU - Early Espresso; Kaleidacolour - Cappccino Delight
Dies: Memory Box - Sleepy Hollow Oval Frame
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Early Espresso; SU DP - Early Espresso; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Staedtler Aquarell Pencils


I had fun with this card.  I printed the Mushroom Town three times on white card, coloured them with Copic markers and then selectively cut out the layers.  I then adhered the layers to give some depth to the image.  I die cut the tree frame from brown card and adhered it over the little town, and then carefully cut out the excess card from the bottom of the frame.  I coloured the sky with watercolour pencils.  I finished the front with a simple greeting and on the inside cut a mat layer of design paper and stamped a wonderful tree on the white panel.

Warm my Heart inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I printed another image of the Mushroom Town, this time a little bigger (so much easier to colour) and diecut the finished image with an oval die.  I layered the image on another diecut oval and finished the front with a simple sentiment.

Thankful for You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stitching Bear Digi - Mushroom Town (Alipeeps Art); Stampin' Up! - Sheltering Tree
Inks: SU - Early Espresso; Kaleidacolour - Cappccino Delight
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Ovals #3 and #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Early Espresso; SU DP - Early Espresso; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear

On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark brown card and stamped another lovely tree and a sentiment on the white panel - lots of space left for my message.

Thankful for You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear's Digital Outlet and the winner of the challenge will get 3 digital images up to the value of $10 - and there's a huge selection of images.  Don't forget to visit our blog to see what the rest of the team have made this week - have fun!!

signature

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Two really sweet cards, Deborah! I love your die cut tree on the first one and your stitched ovals on the 2nd card! Beautiful coloring, too!

Rahmat said...

Lovely cards Deborah, I simply love the first one.

stempelfrida said...

I really like the idea with the tree frames on your first card, but I also like the cute style on the second very much! Great cards, both of them. Sunny regards from your ATSM team mate stempelfrida

*Vicki* said...

You've made some really neat and varied creations with the same image!! I absolutely love the trees with the small opening of the mushroom village!! Very cool idea and great take on the photo!! :)

Tanja said...

those little mushroom houses are adorable

ike said...

Fabulous cards - I really LUV that die cut frame :-D

Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

IKE x

DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

cm said...

Running late in commenting, but here I am, cheering and applauding your darling mushroom houses neighbourhood! Seriously adorable! And your tree in its fall splendour: soooo pretty!
~c

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Deborah: I just love this little mushroom village, the frame you created with the trees is just perfect for this sweet image, makes me want to live in one of this tiny mushroom houses.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
PS. Love the inspiration Photo.

Neets B said...

So cute, Deborah. I love the oval polka dot frame to echo the dotty toadstools and the colourful doors are fab! x

Shona Chambers said...

Deborah, these are both so amazing!! Your first card is incredible with that detailed die frame. Have never seen one like that before, its gorgeous!! And I love the stitched oval frame for your second one and I bet it was easier to colour being larger. Simply sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...