Friday 4 September 2015

Birthday requests .....

Hello - I'm on a roll - something on my blog almost everyday this week!  Today is the last day of my Mum's holiday - she's been here with us since 11th July.  Tonight Mum flies back to England - she's got mixed feelings about it.  I know that Mum has really enjoyed being with us and she's not keen on going back to her house to be on her own, but the up side is that she'll get to see her friends, meet up with family and get back into her routine.

On Wednesday evening we had an end of summer picnic at Mill Race Village in downtown Northville.  It's a fabulous place where you can see (and go inside) old houses and buildings from Northville's history.  Mum, Kathryn and I met up with Jonathan, and Kathryn's friends for a picnic by the lake.  It was such a nice way to spend an evening.  It was a fantastic day, hot and sunny, but it did get a bit muggy, we still had a good time.  I took the opportunity of getting some photos of everyone and here are a few:

Summer Picnic 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Mum and Kathryn in front of the lake.

Summer Picnic 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kathryn - doing the fashion walk!!

Summer Picnic 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Alyx, Kathryn, Savannah and Summer - the gang is together!

Summer Picnic 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kathryn and Jonathan - love this one!

Summer Picnic 5 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

And Cody arrived too - messing around by the lake - but don't go in!!

I really like the photos of Kathryn and my Mum, and the one of Kat and her Dad - I think I'm going to get them printed and put in a frame on my desk.

Kathryn is at Summer and Savannah's birthday party today. Kathryn asked me to make the girls special birthday cards.  The request was for a themed cards - Savannah is a big fan of the TV Supernatural (as am I), and Summer really likes Harley Quinn from Batman.  First Savannah's card:

Savannah - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Digital Image - Supernatural Season 10 Logo; Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge, @sosocial
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Danube Blue
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Blue Satin Mirri Card; Graphite Mirri Card

For Savannah's card we searched for one of the logos from the TV series and settled on the most recent from Season 10.  I saved the logo to my PC added a personal birthday greeting in Publisher and printed on to white card.  Once cut out, I layered it on some blue satin mirri card and adhered it to the front of a card.  I added some fun sentiments in black.  On the inside I cut a panel of dark grey mirri card for the mat layer and stamped some grunge images on the white panel. 

Savannah inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next up is Summer's card:

Summer - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Digital Image - Harley Quinn from Dawnbase; Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Memento - London Fog; SU - Tempting Turquoise
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Red Satin Mirri Card

Once again we found the image on the Internet, saved it to the PC and added a personal birthday greeting.  I layered the image on red satin mirri card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer using a square stitched die and cut it through the middle and adhered it to the card to frame the white panel.  I used Gorgeous Grunge on the white panel.

Summer inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

So while Kathryn is out with her friends having fun, Mum and I will be packing her cases to go home.  It won't take long - but it does make it a very bittersweet day. 

Wow - summer weather certainly goes through ups and downs.  It's really steamy this morning, and that's despite some really heavy rain last night - it actually woke me up at midnight!  Today looks like it's going to be a mixture of sun and showers - and so muggy.  Hey ho!

That's all for now - see you again tomorrow.

signature

1 comment:

Ardyth said...

Lovely photos and fantastic, personlized cards (I can't watch Supernatural - I tried but was too scared when that thing got the mother in the first episode! lol!) I'm sure the girls will appreciate them. Wishing your mum a good trip home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...