Sunday 27 September 2015

SNG - Happy Hanukkah ...

....  Morning!  It's my turn to post at Sparkle and Glitter, where we share Rick St Dennis's wonderful digital images and the projects that the Elite Design Team make with them.  I think you know that along with Rick's lovely Hat Ladies, I'm rather fond of his wonderful Turtles and have made a few cards featuring them - see below.  Today I've made a card to celebrate Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights.  Here's my card:

Happy Hanukkah - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Channukah Turtle
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #2 and #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Silver Mirri Card; Dawn Bibby Design Paper; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Sakura Stardust - Silver


The new challenge over at Jingle Belles - JB:15:20 is to celebrate one of the non-Christmas winter holidays , for example Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, New Year, Kwanzaa and there are more.   Now I've had this guy for a while and finally got to colour him in.  I printed him on white card, coloured him with Copic markers added some clear sparkle to the candles and silver to the Menorah.  I used a stitched die cut to cut him out, edged the panel with some blue and layered it on silver mirri card.  I decided not to add a sentiment to the front of the card.  On the inside I cut a panel of blue striped design paper.  I printed the sentiment on the computer, cut it out with a stitched die and then inlaid it on the white panel.

Happy Hanukkah inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Hanukkah detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close up of the Menorah to show the sparkle .  I'm really pleased how this one turned out.

I mentioned that I'm rather fond of the turtles - well, here they are:








I think these guys are just fabulous - you can find them all at Rick's Zibbet shop and if you click on the link you find full details of each of the cards when they were first posted.  There are two more turtle images that I've yet to colour - and you'll see them soon!

I'm off to the regular monthly meeting of Scrappy Chic Kitchen Roll Stampers group today.  The club got together after Dyan Reaveley came to Scrappy Chic in March this year.  We all enjoyed it so much that we decided to have regular meetings.  This month is special as we're making a Tag Book for Dyan - she's coming to see us all again in October!  That's all for now - see you soon.

signature

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a fun little image ... awesome coloring too ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

ok, you totally had me at "hanukkah turtle" lol! holy moly he's cuuuute and you've colored him perfectly! i love this! thanks for rockin' the festival of lights with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...