Saturday 12 September 2015

52CCT - Colours ....

.... Morning!  It's time for our colour challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and our host Fabiola has picked a fun colours.  Fabiola wants us to use RED, WHITE and ANOTHER COLOUR BUT NOT GREEN, neutrals are acceptable.  This card is actually the second card I made, you can see the first one tomorrow!!

Peace Love Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Floral - Poinsettia
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Pink Pirouette
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Vellum; SU DP - Real Red; White Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Gold


I've made quite a clean, simple card.  My colours are Red, White and Pink.  I stamped the poinsettia three times in Versamark on vellum and heat embossed them with white powder.  I used Copic markers to colour the reverse of the images and then cut them out.  I ran the largest flower through my Xyron to make it self-adhesive and applied it to the card.  I used dimensional gel to attach the red and gold layers - there's a little dimension, but it's still flat enough to go through the post.  I finished the front with a simple Christmas greeting.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red design paper.  On the white panel I stamped the flower in pale pink and added a sentiment over the top.  As I've got embossing on this card, I'm submitting it to AAA Cards - AAA#47 - where the team want to see embossing - done!

Peace Love Joy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If you've played along with 52CCT since January you will have quite a stash of Christmas cards.  But it's not too late to get started - in fact, now is just the right time!  Don't forget to visit the blog to see what the rest of the team have made to inspire you.  You've got until midnight (BST) Friday 18th September (7.00pm EDT) to play along.  Have fun!

signature

7 comments:

Fabiola said...

j'adore ton poinsettia en rose et rouge Deborah, belle réussite, biz

Anonymous said...

I love your card Deborah - it's simple and stunning. Can't wait to see your second card too! Have a good weekend, hugs, Gill xx

Patricia Hays said...

Your poinsettia is so pretty. You know I love that CAS design! :) I also like that you decorated the inside to match.

Tanja said...

love that poinsettia - fabulous card - I liked the cute snowman, too

Julie said...

Such a pretty color combo for the flowers.
Julie T

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Oh gorgeous, Deborah! Stunning poinsettia Xx

Rosmarie said...

Very beautiful this pink and red poinsettia, Deborah! Love the sentiment too!
Rosi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...