Friday 30 March 2012

Less is More and CAS-ual Friday - Paris Blues ....

.... It's been a bit tough finding time to craft over last couple of days, but I really wanted to try and get a card made for this week's Less is More - LIM60 recipe challenge - where Chrissie and Mandi want us to make a card using at least three previous challenges.  What fun!  I've combined the LIM challenge with the new CAS-ual Fridays - CFC46 challenge, where the team want us to make a card with the inspiration coming from a tune - title or lyrics.


I don't have a huge stash to play with here, so I decided that I'd would use my new Paris Nouveau stamps on the card.  I checked on Google for some song titles that included the word Paris - they are loads!!  After a search I selected the song Paris Blues by Tony Middleton as my inspiration.  It was a big Northern Soul hit in the 70s and I really like it!  Check out the link at the bottom of the post.

The previous LIM challenges that I used are:
  • Off Centre - Week 12
  • Shades of Blue - Week 22
  • Music Theme - Week 46
  • Masking - Week 59
I love this border and stamped in several shades of blue, it could be the River Seine flowing through the heart of Paris.  Of course the iconic symbol of Paris is the Eiffel Tower - it's all here on my card!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Paris Nouveau
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point, Mariana Mist
Accessories:  Card from stash

It's really dull here today - so I think "blues" are the perfect colour for my card.  The weather forecast is cold and wet, but I'm hoping that the weather will improve for the weekend as we're finally moving into our house.  I heard from the shipping company today too, our container is due into Norfolk today.  Once it has cleared Customs it can be delivered to the house.  Next week would be wonderful!!

Before I go, I must welcome my newest follower - Shannon White - so pleased that you've joined me.  That's all for now.  Off to the hotel swimming pool - Kathryn is going to get a last swim, I'm going to read a book!!



27 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Brilliant interpretation of the song title Deborah - you've done so well to combine all those challenges with just your limited stash!
Tara x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah...I am amazed you find time to craft with all that is going on and with only a small amount of stash.....bet you cant wait to get settles into your new home.

Anne

Inkyfingers said...

I'm amazed by what you can do with limited supplies Deborah, and the design is lovely. Hope the move goes well!

Riette said...

Stunning card! I LOVE the different colored stamping

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Deborah, love this very creative indeed and love the colours

Ali x

Mandi said...

So effective Deborah
Lovely carden vacker flicka som du ska vara lycklig!

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, I love the layers of blue - perfect for your song title - the Paris set is gorgeous. The new stamps look fab! Must be hard getting everything set up - I can't imagine! Glad you're dong well!

Kathleen said...

What a stunning card, love the shades of blue. Just fabulous.
Mmm can just see Mandi, comments and not too sure if you two have a secret code or Mandi has been on the wine lol.
Have a great weekend, all the best for the move and thank you so much for your comment.

Kath x

Jenny said...

Brilliant card Deborah, not heard that song so an educational visit too.
You are doing so well crafting out of a couple of boxes and living out of a few bags...I bet your glad your belongings have caught up with you finally :0)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

The blues are super the way you have used them & I like your idea of the Seine being depicted by the border.
I'm not suprirsed that crafting has to be squeezed into all the other things going on - I don't think I'd manage it.
Paula (PEP)

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! I love the rows of blue.

Mrs.B said...

Love your card Deborah, thats a fabulous border, looks great in the different shades of blue.
Avril xx

Unknown said...

A very lovely and elegant card.thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

JJ Bolton said...

You all are killing me with that Paris Nouveau set! So pretty Deborah! Looks fantastic in blue:)

Mandi said...

This looks super Deborah, the blues work really well with the Eiffel tower
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Please delete!! lol

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great interpretation of the song Deborah! Those gorgeous moody blues are perfect for the Paris theme too. You must be so excited about moving in at last! Hope all goes well and perhaps we'll get to see photos of your new craft room?! Vicky x

Chrissie said...

This is simply terrific Deborah!
I love the different shades of blue!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jackie said...

I sometimes think that limited supplies are good for us, but only now and again LOL. A beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Deborah, the graduating blue shades are gorgeous!

Loli said...

Hola Deb, thank you for your comment last weeek.Fantastic card with "blues":D.
I hope you're happy in Michigan:D
An spring hug from Palma and have a nice week

Anne said...

Lovely card and the song is great too :)
Anne
x

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the blue color combo and all the WM goodness!

Suzanne Russell said...

Great card and great tune! thanks for sharing the video-great idea, I'm sorry I didn't think of it for mine.

Laurie said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Dana said...

Beautiful stamping! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...