Wednesday 28 March 2012

Waltzingmouse and CAS-ual Fridays ......

.... At last - some crafting time and I've made a card for two of my favourite challenges:



I really like Renee's sketch, but I've taken a few liberties.  I've turned the sketch through 90 degrees and have altered the positions of the panels - I hope this is okay, as it worked so much better for my card.  But to keep with the sketch I stamped the branch directly onto the card base too.  I stamped a couple of the solid black labels onto blue paper, on some white card I stamped the lovely houndstooth frame and finished off by stamping the houndstooth oval onto blue paper and adding the sentiment.  As I don't have my Bug or Grand Calibur I had to cut each label out by hand, as well as the oval.  I glued the solid labels directly onto the card and used dimensional tape to attach the houndstooth frame.  A thank you card for my stash.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments, Vintage Labels 25, Paris Nouveau
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Webster's Pages - Petite Papers (free with Simply Cards & Papercraft)

Today is another lovely day - it's bright and sunny, but if you could hear the wind howling around the hotel, you'd think it was the middle of winter!!  Well, to be fair, it's only just in Spring and the wind is really making itself felt!  I'm glad that we're indoors today.  

That's all for now.  I might be back later with another card. 


12 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the hounds tooth label Deborah and how you adapted the sketch, the emergency box is lasting you well!
Not sure I could cope without my Bigshot at all :0)
Jenny x

Kelly S. said...

Lovely use of those labels, Deborah! They look so bold against the soft blue paper!

Vickie Z said...

Love all the labels going on here!!! Hope you're getting a
Settled in and things are going well!!!

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful job with the labels and nice fussy cutting! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Deb! The WM houndstooth label looks wonderful! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, well done on the handcutting :o)
Jackie xx

Carla said...

nice card, Deb! nice you can scrapping in your hotel. love from Holland.

Vicky Hayes said...

The solid images contrast beautifully with the delicate pastel background and I love that houndstooth label! You're doing a great job crafting in the hotel - how long until you get to move into your house? Vicky x

Paula (PEP) said...

Glad you're getting some craft time in - keep warm.
Paula (PEP)

Ardyth said...

Loving your new blog look! And such a pretty card - I just ordered more WMS stamps so that I can play along with these challenges - I'm finding this one to be a toughie!

-Aneta- said...

I love this simple IDEA !GREAT CARD ! -Aneta-

Kim Duran said...

Deborah, I love this little card of yours! All the little elements are so simple, but have such an amazing impact. Very classic! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...