Tuesday 6 March 2012

Two challenge card and an award ....

.... What a glorious day we're having here in North Wales - brilliant blue skies, bright sunshine and cool wind!!!  However, it does make you feel good.

I'd like to thank Ann of KingstonMamaCrafts for the Liebster Blog award - it's very much appreciated.  Now, I know that in accepting this award, there are various things I need to do - namely pass it along.  However, with everything that's going on in my house at the moment - I'm going to do that part later - probably next week!


Things are moving on really quickly here - and I feel a bit like a spare part!!!  I can't do any of the actual packing (insurance conditions) and all our possessions are disappearing into white packaging.  So, I've spent this morning in my office (don't have a craft room any more) playing with my emergency stash!

Last week at craft class the girls gave me a lovely card and super new Cheery Lynn die and I've done cards for them all to say thanks.  Despite having lots of cards in my stash, I don't have enough thank you cards, so I've made a thank you card inspired by two challenges:


I flipped Renee's through 90 degrees and have matched the colours as closely as I can.  I started off by stamping some pretty flourishes onto the base card.  The PDCC team called the pinky colour "peony", and I've made a colour that's a mix of pink/yellow a sort of peach.  I made a mat layer from white card, colouring the edge with my marker pen.  For the focal panel I've used doilies and to make the diagonal bands, I went for faux stitching.  Finally, I added the thanks sentiment.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Flourishes: Dots & Scallops, Off Beat Backgrounds, Large Doily, Dainty Doilies 2
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink
Accessories:  Card from stash

Kathryn is having a day out with her school.  They are visiting the Liverpool today to see the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic performing a programme designed for schools.  Kathryn has been to see them before and she loves it.  It's always a very popular day out and I'm so glad that she's had the opportunity to see them again before we move.  And when we get to America - just think about what we'll be able to see there!!!

And that's all for now.  I don't quite know how much longer I'm going to be able to craft at home, but I will have time to browse and comment!  See you soon.

23 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

"emergency stash" had be nearly falling off my office chair lol!

Great card
Tara x

Jackie said...

Lovely card Deborah. I am amazed that you are still able to craft with the move imminent :o)
Jackie xx

Deborah Frings said...

Well I can't go cold turkey!!

Paula (PEP) said...

In the midst of all that ...... glad you've got some bits to keep you amused. Not sure I'd be as composed or manage what you're doing. Impressive & I like your use of the faux stitches for the sketch.
Paula (PEP)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Lovin' the big WM doily and the pretty stamped background! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

Lovely card Deb, I'm amazed you can get crafty with the chaos of moving! Good luck with your move!

Julia Aston said...

Love your creative stamping for this weeks sketch Deborah!

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeos card Deborah, love the stamps & fab colours. Ooh! it sounds very busy at your house hun. Good luck with the move.

Donna x

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs. Safe journey....missing you already xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Deborah. The colors look great with those images. Love the stitch images! Glad you had your emergency stash so you could make something!

Cathy Weber said...

No craft room? That must be tough! I love this card, the stitching on the two sides was a great choice based on the sketch. Love the doily as the focal point.

Kelly S. said...

This card is inky and stampy, and I love it, Deborah! Awesome mix of sets, love the flourish background paper you made. The doily is fabulous with the bold sentiment in the middle. Lovely colors, too! Great job with both challenges :)

Mynn xx said...

This is so fun, Deb!!! LOVE all the stamps you used--and the use of the medallion behind the sentiment is amazing! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that gorgeous, doily stamp, Deb! What a fun, playful take on the color story, and I totally understand not having enough thank you cards. I'm right there with ya, girl! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful card! Fab doily and nice take on the colors! Good Luck with the big move.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is pretty Deborah - I do like the faux stitching you've added as your diagonal strips. The RLP trip will be a lovely thing for Kathryn to remember as she embarks on her new adventure and I agree - what an amazing trip America will be!

Ruby said...

Really pretty Deborah! I love that doily stamp, it just works so well on cards Thank you so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You're moving to America? Wow! THat's huge, Deborah! I wish you all the best in this move. What state will you live in?

This is such an elegant 'thank you' card; love all the lacy doilies.

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Carla said...

very nice card! And good luck with everything! Love from Holland!

Unknown said...

So very pretty, Deb! I'm glad that you saved an "emergency stash" so you are still able to create!

Renee said...

Love that fabby doily...
and so great with the "stiching" in the corner!
A colorful, creative take on the challenge! :)
So glad you have the "emergency stash"...
and hope the upcoming move goes smoothly!

Vickie Z said...

Hope all works well with your move to the states!!! Lovely card!! Doily is gorgeous and love the big ole' Thanks!

Lenet said...

oo I'm so jealous of you moving to America! Wish I could do the same.
Lovely card, the doily set is one of my favorite.
Thanks for joining us at WMSC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...