Friday 2 March 2012

In memory ....

... Today is the anniversary of my sister's death.  Tracey died last year - it was totally unexpected, she was only 48 years old.  It's been a tough year for my Mum, my brother-in-law, Bert, and my niece and nephews, Anne, Paul and Gareth.  I don't think you ever get over the loss of a sister, you just learn to live with it.  It's been a bit easier for me to get on with things as it's been so busy.  I just wish I could have shared it with Tracey - she would have enjoyed hearing about our trip to India and our forthcoming move to America.

Tracey with red hair - this was taken at my wedding in 2001 - she looked lovely.   The other picture is Trace and Bert (far left) with a mate at the seaside - happier times!

I know that we will all be thinking about Tracey today, as we do most days, but as I can't be with any of my family, I made them all a card to let them know I'm thinking of them.


I used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc126 for Mum's card.  I think the colours go so well with these lovely images from Stampin' Up!.

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - So Happy for You, Fresh Vintage
Inks: SU - Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories:  Card from stash




For Paul and Gareth I used the colours from CR84FN48 - they are soft, subtle colours and just perfect for these cards.




Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - So Happy for You; Kanban - All Occasions set (from QVC)
Inks: SU -Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade; Memento - London Fog
Accessories:  Card from stash


For Anne, I went for a pretty card using this week's CR84FN49 colours - I do like these colours.  It's another clean and simple card.  I cut out some layer using my Spellbinders dies and simply stamped some flowers and a sentiment.



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - So Happy for You, Simply Soft
Inks: SU - Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake; Memento - London Fog
Spellbinders:  Labels Fifteen (S4-291) # 5 & 6
Accessories:  Card from stash


I made Bert's card earlier this month for the OLW challenge - details can be found here.  Turns out it wasn't a sympathy card, so much as I'm thinking of you today card!


Thanks for letting me chat about Tracey, and tell your family and friends how much they mean to you.  That's all for now, but before I go here are the challenge graphics.




Bye for now - see you tomorrow!

25 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful cards Deborah...I always think the first anniversary is the worse, my thoughts go out to you and your sisters family today.

Anne

Cassandra said...

Thinking of you too Deb. Can't imagine what you are feeling at this time but being busy really does help.

Tara Cardwell said...

My thoughts are with you today Deborah - you always think of others so hope they're thinking of you too.

All the cards are simply lovely.

Tara
x

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards Deborah, thinking of you too.

Kim S said...

You are wonderful...thinking of and caring for all of those around you.

Sasha said...

Your cards are lovely, Deborah. Thinking of you and sending a cyber (((hug))) x

Ardyth said...

These are beautiful cards and will help make a difficult day a little easier. Thinking of you all today.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh Deborah, my heart and prayers go out to you today! I know God continues to comfort you and hold you all in His hands, even if it doesn't always feel like it. Your cards are just gorgeous, I know your family will appreciate and cherish them! Thank you so much for using the colourQ colors this week, I'm so happy that you shared these with us!

Helen Berry said...

How wonderful you are to make such beautiful, thoughtful cards - I am sure they will be very much appreciated too. Hope you found joy in making them x

Paula (PEP) said...

Thinking of you - not an easy time & a lovely thoughtful manner of using your talents for your family. I absolutely love that first one.
Take care
Paula (PEP)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

A hard day for your family, I am sure... you're in my thoughts today Deb! Beautiful cards, and I think they must have brought a bright spot to your family on an otherwise (likely) dreary day.

Jenny said...

Thinking of you all Deborah, you have to use today as a day to remember your sister rather than remember what happened last year and I'm sure your family will love receiving these cards from you, they are all so pretty and delicate :0)
Jenny x

Stella said...

Deborah I am thinking of you. It must be so very difficult; not only for her husband and children but also for you. A sister always stands close to you ( oh my my english; do you know what I mean??) I love that you made these gorgeous cards; you are such a heartwarming woman. These are tough days; take care...
XX

kingstonmama said...

These are lovely cards, Deborah, all of them. What a lovely tribute to your sister. They will surely be appreciated by your family. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Ann

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Deborah, love your stamping! What a wonderful tribute to your sister's memory. I will surely keep you in my prayers. Thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ.

Unknown said...

Deborah, your cards are beautiful and I'm sure they will love them.

Mynn xx said...

These are so sweet and thoughtful, Deborah. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister, but I know that your family will definitely love these. :) Praying for peace and comfort to be with you all!

Charmaine Stack said...

Thinking of you and yours, Deborah. You always do a lovely job on CAS cards and these are so soft and pretty and thoughtful.

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful card Deborah. I know the emotions are still so raw. I am not sure it ever gets easier. Please know I am thinking about you. :)

Hugs~

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful card Deborah. My heart goes out to you as I lost my brother at age 50 only 4 short years ago. He left behind four children, the youngest only 12. It is heartbreaking and does not get better--it only numbs. Hugs.

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pauline said...

Deborah, I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks you for sharing your thoughts and cards with your cybor family. We are all there for you. I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope you have cherished memories of you sister.
I love all of your cards. They are so appropriate for this time. When are you moving to America and where will you live. This will be a big adventure for you and I look forward to hearing all about it. I came to the States in 1963 when I was 21 yrs old. Good luck to you.
Hugs
Pauline H.

Unknown said...

So terribly sorry about the loss of your precious sister, deb. These are lovely cards and I know your family will really appreciate them. big hugs to you today!!

Jen W. said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful cards with us, Deborah. Big hugs to you.

Vicky Hayes said...

I know you must really miss your sister Deborah and I expect it was very therapeutic making these cards for your family as a tribute to her. Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...