Thursday 1 March 2012

Happy Birthday ....


.... A little while ago I was lucky enough to win some goodies from Meredith and I've made a birthday card with some of the stash - I still have a few bits to play with!  I've used this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse - WMSC86 and I've kept the design really simple to let the paper shine!


Meredith put together a really super pack of goodies.  The dusky pink and turquoise colours are just fab, I made the background by simply wrapping the ribbons around the paper and attaching to the card base with dimensional tape.  I like the pretty die cut paper and decided to make a flower, and I stamped a couple of circle stamps (not used often enough) and a birthday greeting.  I finished off by tucking the pretty pins behind the flower.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Faux Fun Circles, Say It with Style
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Regal Rose, Island Indigo
Accessories:  Goodies from Meredith

It's a beautiful morning here in North Wales - brilliant blue skies, bright sunshine and it's almost warm!!  When the day starts like this - it always makes me smile.  Now, I'm off to finish of sorting out my craft room, finish off some DT cards (you'll get to see them later this month) and get some ironing done - deep joy!!!  See you soon.

15 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Do I see another Welsh theme here - love the layering of those ribbons.
Have a good day despite the ironing.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

Another lovely card Deborah for a lovely sunny day. Have fun in your craft room today.
Tara x

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card looks like a parcel with all the ribbon....lovely card.. and yes we too have sunshine down here in Somerset makes you feel so much happier...oh and can I bring my ironing over to you???

Anne

Meredith MacRitchie said...

WOW!! It's so neat to see what you did with the kit!!! I would never have thought to layer those ribbons, but it worked perfectly!! You have *lots* left over - way to stretch it all out!! :D

Vicky Hayes said...

The layered ribbons are really effective and I love the little stick pins!

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Deborah, love the gorgeous mix of papers & colours.

Donna x

Kelly S. said...

A card full of sunshine! Love the way you paired that Faux Fun Circle (my fave in the set) with the fun die cut. That paper is lovely and so are the layered satin ribbons!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Deborah. Love the stick pins. :)
Hugs~

Cathy Weber said...

I love how you wrapped the pretty ribbon around this card Deborah, and the stick pins were a really great embellishment. I love Faux Fun Circles, and was just lucky enough to get that set. They look cute stamped on the striped paper!

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty, Deborah. I love the layered ribbons and circle stamps, and what a great idea to stamp on striped paper!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love how you used the stripes for the sentiment panel, looks great with the double ribbons, well done! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous card, how colourful and so well designed :) Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers this week!

Kim Duran said...

Love what you did to give the label a fun little border! And the two little stick pins are an adorable embellishment! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Helen Berry said...

Fabulous pink & turquoise and some lovely details on this Deborah. Beautiful ribbon & love the little pins as a finishing touch.

Julia Aston said...

The stripes really make you focus on the sentiment stampings on this Deborah - pretty pins tucked in behind and lovely background paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...