Friday 16 March 2012

Less is More ....

... This is going to be a very quick post as I want to make sure that I catch the deadline for submission to this week's Less is More - LIM58 challenge, where Chrissie and Mandi want us to use script on a one layer card.

I started by stamping the lovely vintage frame onto the card base, masking it and then stamping the script stamp behind.  I coloured the rose and added a simple sentiment.  It's not a perfect card by any means, but my black ink has dried up a bit and I've had to use the pens which missed in a few places!!  Still, I like the layout and style of this and might try it again with fresh pads!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments, Vintage Labels 25; Heidi Grace Designs - Stamp Patterns
Inks:  Stampin' Up! Pens - Basic Black, Basic Grey, Old Olive, Rose Red
Accessories:  Card from stash

The weather here has improved so much since this morning - we now have brilliant sunshine and it's over 70F!!  Oh yes, the hotel have upgraded our room too.  We are now in a two-bedroomed suite which is so much easier for us.  It means that Kathryn has her own bedroom and doesn't have to use the sofa bed!  Bliss!  Anyway, that's all for today, Jonathan will be home from work soon and then we can go shopping and get some dinner.  I'll write again tomorrow once we've been to the house!  Oh, I should add that I've been into Joanne's - it's magic, but I restrained myself and only got the Heidi Grace stamp that I used in the card!!  I'm sure I'll be back again soon.

9 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Glad you've got a more suitable hotel room & that you've got more space by the sounds of things. I'm still amazed you're managing to craft midst it all.
Paula (PEP)

Chrissie said...

Great idea Deborah, I really don't know how you are managing at the moment... well done you!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cassandra said...

We shall have to live vicariously through you in regards to the amazing choice you will have with craft shops. I am dead jealous! Oh and a wonderful card on limited supplies.

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Deborah....dont know how you have managed to produce a card with so much going one...

Anne

Jackie said...

Good morning Deborah, although you are probably still in bed over there! So pleased you have a better suite and more space.
I love you card, especially as you were in the middle of moving when you made it :o)
Jackie xx

Jenny said...

Omg not even moving overseas will interrupt your LIM submissions!!! You're a trooper Deborah :0)
Fabulous card..... Sounds like a black inkpad is first on your list then!
Jenny x

Charmaine Stack said...

I like this very much. I think it was wonderful that when you got to the USA, there were new WMS stamps waiting for you. The compact sentiments look great - I am waiting for my order to arrive. Good for you to pace yourself in Joann'es store! I like the Heidi Grace stamp you chose. Hope you are enjoying things this side of the pond!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is wonderful Deb and full marks to you for squeaking it in! How are you managing to produce all these wonderful creations?!

Jen W. said...

Whoop whoop for the upgrade! nd I am so impressed at your restraint in Joanne's. I went to a Michael's once a few years back and the result made my credit card melt! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...