Wednesday 14 March 2012

Today's the day ....

....  By the time this is posted, Kathryn and I will be on our way to America.  The last couple of weeks have been something of a whirlwind, but oh, so exciting!!

Picture Link
If you find Livonia and Ann Arbor on the map - we'll be living roughly inbetween them, in a lovely place called Northville.

This is the last of the thank you cards that I made before we left.  After all our belongings left the house last week, we went to stay at some friends of ours.  Linda and John were really kind and let us stay with them, rather than spend a week in a hotel.  I cut out some of this pretty backing paper and covered the base of the card.  In my "emergency" stash I found this Spellbinder die cut - which was blank!  I stamped a doily and sentiment on it, attached some ribbon to the back to make a rosette and added a rose to the front.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Doilies, Say it with Style
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - So Saffron, Regal Rose
Spellbinders:  Star Circle
Accessories:  Kate Knight Papers - Totally Tropical (free with Cardmaking & Papercraft)

That's all for today.  Take care and see you soon.

10 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

HI Deborah....hope you have a good trip..Northville looks a beautiful place and we shall look forward to hearing all about it...

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

To say that you've been creative with your emergency stash is an understatement.....I've just been watching in utter wonder as your posts have appeared with your creations showing its use. Hope you have a very safe journey & that it's an uneventful one.
Paula (PEP)

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah - Welcome to the US - we're practically neighbors - I'm near Chicago! You're going to have to learn how to fish now (if you don't already) your smack dab in the center of the great lakes!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a lovely bright card - and I'm sure it reflects how you're feeling! Looking forward to hearing of your arrival!

Sasha said...

Such a bright and beautiful card, Deborah. Hope your journey is trouble free. Wishing you, all a wonderful life in America! x

Sasha said...

Hi Deborah, I've just followed your link to the Northville site. It looks fabulous! You're all going to love it, and have so much fun...I'm sure x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Good luck Deb!!! I'll be thinking of you, and looking forward to hearing how everything is going when you're landed and settling in!!

Pauline said...

Safe journey Deborah, I'm looking forward to your pictures of your new home! What an exciting adventure for you and Kathryn, how lovely that you will all be together too!
Gorgeous card for your friends, I'm sure it's got pride of place in their home.

Mynn xx said...

Welcome to the USA! :) We're so excited to have you here!!! That card is simply stunning--I adore the amazing bright colors!!! I'm sure it was appreciated--it's fabulous! :)

Jackie said...

So now your great adventure begins, I wish you and your family the very best of luck in your new life :o)
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...