Sunday 4 March 2012

CR84FN49 - Birthday wishes ....

... Good morning all - this is a scheduled post as I'm going to be really busy today doing the last of my sorting out and actually packing our suitcases.  Tomorrow the removal team arrives and starts to pack up the house!!

It's week two for our wonderful CR84FN49 colours - kraft, yellow and grey (silver) and I've a birthday card to share with you this week.  It's a really clean and simple design and I've used the layout from last week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge - WMSC86 - didn't get to submit it to the challenge, but I really liked the layout.

I did think of using ribbons on my card, but decided instead to stamp this lovely Celtic scroll  onto the card.  I stamped the image in grey and then over stamped again in yellow.  I used kraft card to make the lovely lotus pendant and stamped the medium sized rose three times onto white card.  I used Promarkers and distress ink to colour the rose.  I did consider adding a touch of green for the leaves, but found this soft silver grey card in my stash and used that instead.  I finished off the card with a simple sentiment and some accent corners.  This card is for Betty, one of my Craft Club friends.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Roses in Bloom, Eat Cake, Oval Classic Frames, Celtic Heritage
Inks: Distress - Mustard Seed; Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight; Memento - London Fog
Spellbinders:  Lotus Pendant (S4-269), Foliage (S4-328)
Accessories:  Card from stash

For more inspiration - check out the CR84FN blog and see what Shannon, our guest designer and the rest of the DT have made for you this week.  That's all for now - be back soon - Internet connection permitting!

15 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Your layered flower is just GORGEOUS and I LOVE the kraft die cut behind it! FAB card!

Sandy said...

Fab card. The grey leaves look lovely with your rose, pretty diecut too.
Sandy

Mona Pendleton said...

Lovely card Deb! That yellow blossom looks great with the metallic foliage!

Shannon White said...

Oh wow Miss Deb this is Fabulous! Love your Pretty layered flower and the Wonderful Celtic custom stamped BG! Just Beautiful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sasha said...

Super card, Deborah. Lovely stamping and layering.

You must be going through quite a lot of mixed emotions right now. Good luck with everything! x

Andrea M said...

Deb - this is so PRETTY! LOve the shimmery leaves and the lovely yellow flower! Such a stunner!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely focal point with the flower! Beautiful design!

Pauline said...

Lovely sunny flower and a great mix of stamps.
Good luck with the move, when do you leave?

A Consuming Passion said...

Great use of these sets Deborah! Lovely card..........So when are you flying out? Hope it all goes well for you and you settle and make lots of new friends. x

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Deb! The kraft lotus behind the yellow rose really makes it pop!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous, Deborah! I especially love the silver leaves. I'm sure your friend will love it. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

It's all happening so fast now isn't it! Hope things are all going smoothly for you. I love the card with that gorgeous scroll and the pretty silvery leaves.

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely design with the Celtic scroll background - pretty golden colors Deborah!

Paula (PEP) said...

This is such an original interpretation of the sketch & I love that Celtic Scroll & how you stamped it. The colour combination is totally intriguing too. Take care midst all the bustle.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

Betty is a lucky girl. Your flower turned out so beautiful and the grey leafs are a perfect match. I love the way you worked with these colors. Lovely!
Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...