Tuesday 13 March 2012

Waltzingmouse Birthday Girl .....

....  Yesterday, was madness! I had the cleaners in at the house - they've done a brilliant job, the place is sparkling!  Not that it didn't sparkle usually, just that the shine is a bit stronger now :)))  I was running all over the place this weekend - catching up with friends and neighbours and saying our goodbyes.  It's both sad and exciting.  I even managed to get to craft class yesterday - well I had my emergency stash and some free time, so I decided to join the girls for the morning.

I was able to make a card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC88 - and I didn't think I'd do that!  I think the sketch is fab, although I've taken a few liberties with it.



I started off by cutting a piece of designer paper and attaching that to the card.  The bit that was left I attached to some white card.  I wanted to add a bit more decoration to the paper and stamped the funky circles in pale green.  I die cut two smaller circles and stamped on them too.  On another piece of the same designer paper, I stamped several of the hibiscus flowers and cut them out and attached them to the centre of the panel - so my square became circles and flowers!  I finished off with a simple birthday greeting from my stash!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud, You're Lovely, Free Spirit - Boy
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! Pens - Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Spellbinders:  Lacey Circles (S4-293) #2
Accessories:  Webster's Pages - free with Simply Cards & Papercraft; Card from stash

That's all for now - I'm going to spend this afternoon sorting out our suitcases - I need to shift a few bits around to even the load!!  I've had lots of lovely messages wishing us good luck with the move and our new life in America, and I'd like to say thanks so much.  Take care, see you soon.

16 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Deborah.....things are really moving quickly for you now but thank goodness for your emergency stash at least you can still produce some wonderful cards

Anne

Pauline said...

This is a fabulous card Deborah, great stamping on the beautiful DP!
Good luck with it all on Thursday, I suppose it must be bitter sweet to leave your friends, but at least you know you can come back and visit, and just think of all that PTI stuff you can get! Lol! Have a safe journey xx

Cassandra said...

WOW your emergency stash must be huge, love the card and as Pauline has said, have a safe trip. See you on the flipside (been dying to say that for ages!).

Marybeth said...

Deborah , I like how you thought outside the box on this one.Not sure how you managed to make a card during a move,but good idea for a stash. This is beautiful! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Have a safe trip and Welcome to America!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

For some reason I had it lodged in my head that you'd already flown! Hope the last minute things all work out & have a really safe trip. Amazing seeing you create with limited resources & I rather like your sketch interpretation.
Paula (PEP)

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, I feel like I am living the move through your eyes. I can feel the aprehension and excitement!! Wishing you all the best! I don't know how you got a card done with everything going on. Probably good therapy getting your mind on something else for a little while - Good for you!!! Looking forward to reading the next installment!! Hugs!

GinaA said...

You are so dedicated to do a blog just before moving. Hope everything goes smoothly, and looking forward to hearing about your adventure. Safe Journey.

Kelly S. said...

Oh love the flowers paper-pieced that way! It looks like you painted them!! Love the collage look with the background images, soft colors, and patterned papers you chose. Beautiful, Deborah!

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely to see you still blogging Deborah and with such a pretty card too! You sound as if you're more or less ready to leave now. I hope you have a safe flight and a smooth move into your new house and will look forward to hearing all about it! Vicky x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, so beautiful, i luv the details....have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Helen Berry said...

Amazing card Deb, I bet the crafty time is the calm before the storm!! Hope everything goes really well for you - Wow, that's come around quick!! All the best to you and the family!

Julia Aston said...

wonderful colors on this Deb - the circles stamping looks so pretty!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch Deborah! Great stamping and I love the Hawaii feeling I get - such a cheerful birthday card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Glad you find time to play amongst all of that!! Lovely stamping and great to see you mix up the three elements, looks great! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

JJ Bolton said...

You're amazing! I can't imagine trying to create during and international move! Love the paper-pieced flowers on your card:)

Jean Martin said...

What a wonderfully graphic card! This is gorgeous Deb! Thank you for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...