Sunday 18 March 2012

CR84FN50 - Mother's Day ....

.... I know that my friends in North America celebrate Mother's Day in May, but in the United Kingdom and Ireland, today is Mother's Day.  Often called Mothering Sunday, it traditionally falls on the fourth Sunday in Lent.   I  made my Mum her card using our lovely CR84FN50 colours - although I've gone for a slightly softer palette!


I recently got some lovely stash from Stampin' Up! and this flower is just lovely - I stamped around the edge of the card in pink, yellow and orange.  I decided to make a feature panel for the sentiment and used the gorgeous Labels 23 to cut a large and small panel.  On the large pink panel I stamped some flourishes and on the smaller panel I added colour with distress inks, finishing off the panel by stamping a simple, but heartfelt, sentiment.  I attached some ribbon to the panels before attaching them to the card.  Finally I stamped the flower again in all three colours - embossing each one so that the finished flower has a lovely shine.


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Triple Treat Flower, Delightful Dozen (sentiments); Waltzingmouse - Fancy Flourishes - Dots & Scallops
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Regal Rose
Spellbinders:  Labels Twenty-three (S4-347) # 3 & 6
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, ribbon and card from stash

For more inspirational cards with these fabulous colours - check out the CR84FN blog to see what the DT have made for you.  See you soon.

17 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Deb, this is so pretty! I adore the use of that Triple Flower Delight stamp!!! :) Gorgeous, as always! :)

Susan Hogan said...

Another great card - bet your Mum will be missing you and you her! Never mind - she will be able to visit you, I assume, and that should be fun! Sounds like you are having a good time. Hope you all settle in well and enjoy living somewhere outside your native home. Isn't Joann's the most tempting place? I know I had to think of postage and/or suitcase weight so was very limited. I did go a bit overboard and we had to post home a 20 kl box from Denver before we left the family! Most of it was presents though! Look forward to seeing your next pieces of work as you settle in!

Shannon White said...

Miss Deb this is soo Pretty! 8-) Love the Wonderful Triple flower BG and the Lovely flourishes on your Labels! Just Wonderful layers and so Lovely! I know you Mum just Loved this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Deborah, those SU flowers are so pretty! Love the label shape too, and the background stamping is wonderful!
Happy Mothers Day to you, hope you get spoilt rotten. :-)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card. Happy Mothering Sunday (the original English name for it) to you too :o)
Jackie xx

Ardyth said...

Aaagh! Today is Mothering Sunday?! My MIL lives in Scotland and I usually try to send her a card, but I forgot to figure out the date this year. Maybe next year you could give me a head's up about a week before? LOL! Gorgeous card! Loving these colours together - they look great in both their bright and softer forms!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deb! love the flourish stamped label and the pretty flower embellishment! Surely your Mum will treasure this!

Vicky Hayes said...

How wonderful this is - your mum will be delighted!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Deb! Love the stamped background and wonderful layered flower!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely name your holiday has Deborah. This card for your mom is so pretty, love the softer colors!

Jen W. said...

That flower really is lovely and has shot onto my wish list! And your inking on the small label is perfection!

Sue Lelli said...

Your Mom will LOVE this! The mats and the flowers are FAB together and I really LOVE the embossing! Great card Deb!

Jenny said...

Lovely cards Deb, I bet you're Mum really loved it especially as you are over in the states now :0)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

Your softer palette is a lovely one & I'm not surprised you like those SU stamps - the background you created is super & I love the way you allowded the sentiment to be central.
Paula (PEP)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! The soft hues are beautiful!

Vickie Z said...

That SU flower is gorgeous!!! Y,ou have labels 23.....I just want-need so much, LOL!!! Hope things are going okay settling in the States!!! I moved from the Midwest to the South many moons ago and that was a culture shock for me....

Rom-a said...

Bardzo elegancka!
Ślicznie skomponowana!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...