Saturday 9 May 2020

JUGS GD - Happy Birthday ....

.... Morning! I can't quite believe just how fast the days are passing - I guess it's because they are all so similar at the moment. I'm Guest Designer at Just Us Girls for the month of May - still so excited. I'm here with my card for our Trend week - JUGS#535, where the key word is MINI. Now, for me this immediately suggested the iconic British Mini! But this is what I made:


Stamps: Dawn Bibby - Flower Swirls DB026 (mini), Flower Swirl DB196 (lg); MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes, Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes
Inks: Versamark; Distress Oxide - Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Broken China, Wilted Violet; Gina K - Black Amalgam, Soft Stone
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Locking Loops (S5-175)
Accessories: White Card; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; White Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this cad to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#492, such pretty colours, and to Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - HLSWC#05, where it's Anything Goes with the option of Embossing.


So, as you can see this is not what I immediately thought of - I couldn't find a stamp or image of a Mini car!! So, I had a think and decided to use a large and mini image of the same flower. These are old stamps, so it's nice to get them out and play. Using the larger image I stamped the corners of the card in turquoise and lilac inks, then added some mini images in the same colours. For the focal point of the card, I die cut a panel of water colour card and stamped the mini flower image in Versamark, heat embossed it with White powder and then added distress inks to the panel to make the image and sentiment pop. Once the water colour panel was dry, I attached it to the cardbase with dimensional tape. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of deep lilac card and on the white panel stamped the large flower image in soft grey, added a fun birthday greeting, and finished by stamping two of the mini images in lilac and turquoise.


That's all from me today - do join in with this week's Just Us Girls challenge - JUGS#535 - I can't wait to see what you make that's Mini!! Take care and see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card with lovely colours Deborah
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Macimbalo said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and layout!

cm said...

Absolutely gorgeous take on this week's theme, Deborah; your mini flower is lovely with that beautiful palette and framing! Have you seen the Mini set at The Stamp Market? Cutest little mini coopers ever! I was 'this close' to using mine, but showcased them recently and decided to give the little monster trucks a debut.
Once again, thrilled to have you as our GD!
hugs~c

Lindsey said...

Congrats on your guest designer gig! What a pretty way to use the mini theme - although the car version would have been fun, too. ;) Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

Nancy said...

So sorry it's taking me so long to stop by! Life is a little bit crazy right now! Your card is so pretty and your color choices are awesome. I can't wait to see what you do next week!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Deborah. Love the colours, pretty flower spray and that die cut frame!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the way you stamped the flowers on the background in those colors and the white ones on that soft watercolor panel. Great sentiment and I really like how you carried the flowers onto the inside as well.

Bobby said...

The flow of color on your card is so soft and pretty, Deborah, and I love that fancy die cut panel.

Trina P. said...

The pretty colours drew me in. Congrats on GD in May.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...