Monday 11 May 2020

Two for one ....

Good morning everyone! It's the start of another week of lockdown, although here in Wales we are now allowed to go out for exercise more than once a day. And there's the possibility of some garden centres opening. Anyway, I'm here this morning to play along with Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge - TCC#27 where she wants us to use Flowers. Here are my cards:




I really enjoy this challenge, but I struggle to play along. However, this time it was easy. One of my favourite flowers is this large chrysanthemum from Uniko and I'm pleased to be able to play along this month. Full details of each card can be found below.


Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals - Chrysanthemum; Altenew - Bad Days Happen
Inks: Gina K - Ocean Mist, Soft Stone; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Matting Basics A (S5-131) #1, A2 Matting Basics B (S5-132) #1
Accessories: White Card; Gina K Card - Blue Lagoon; Gold Linen Effect Foil Card

I'm submitting this card to Colour Throwdown - CTD#592 and Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#434.


I stamped the large chrysanthemum in pale aqua ink in opposite corners of the card. I cut a strip of dark turquoise card and adhered them to the card. I stamped the sentiment in soft grey on white card and used a die to cut it out, and layered it on some gold linen effect foil card which had also been die cut. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of dark aqua card and on the white panel added a greeting and a smaller, gold, chrysanthemum. I think this card is perfect for the very strange times we find ourselves in - and it's going in the post today.


My next card is very clean and simple and is a birthday card:


Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals - Chrysanthemum; Gina K - Birthday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Dark Chocolate; Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versamark
Dies: Uniko - Chrysanthemum
Accessories: White and Cream Card; Gold Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#419 where they want us to use White and Cream, and to CAS on Friday - CASoF#179 where they want us to use our favourite flower.


I stamped the large chrysanthemum on cream card in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold power, and die cut with the matching die. I made the card from cream stock and cut a panel of white card slightly smaller onto which I stamped a birthday greeting in dark brown and gold. I adhered the panel to the card base and used dimensional pads to attach the large flower. On the inside, I cut a panel of white card onto which I stamped a birthday verse in dark brown and added a small gold chrysanthemum.


I'm so glad that I finally got to play along with Twofer. That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty cards....love the flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Amy O said...

These are both such pretty cards! I love the little touches of gold. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Marcia Hill said...

I would never have known you struggled with this challenge Deborah as both of your cards are beautiful! Love the image you used and both cards worked perfectly with the CAS design! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the challenges! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Darnell said...

Welcome, my friend! I love seeing your two CASlicious cards in the gallery! They fully embrace the concept of Twofer and are wonderfully executed both outside and in! (That mum is now on my Wish List!) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care over there in Wales and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Loving this chrysanthemum! The sentiment on the first is now added to my ever growing wish list!
Two great cards.

Cat Craig said...

Your chrysanthemum is fabulous in gold, so pretty taking up center stage. I too love the softness of your corner stamped blooms to provide a sweet patterned paper effect on your other card. Thanks for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge.

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards using the same stamp set! I love the gold embossing with the cream. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.

Craft-E-Place said...

Stunning cards using one of my favourite stamp sets! Beautifully designed. Thanks for playing along at Less is More.
Elaine

Jeanne H said...

Your two cards are lovely. I especially love the one with the blue flower background.

Zoechaos said...

What a wonderful stamp that chrysanthemum is and so versatile as you have shown us in your two very different projects. Spotted it over at LIM and had to drop by for a closer look. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...