Wednesday 20 May 2020

SHC - Plentiful Pines ....

.... Morning! It was a lovely day yesterday. I went out for my walk in the afternoon and it was so nice and warm, a bit overcast, but that's fine. And today, well, we are told that it's going to be HOT!! Anyway, enough of the weather, I'm here this morning with my post for Seven Hills Craft blog. I've used Altenew's Plentiful Pine stamp set to make a birthday card - it's quite bright and cheery!


Stamps: Altenew - Plentiful Pine; Lawn Fawn - Blue Skies
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, Blue Raspberry, Blue Denim, In the Navy, Applemint, Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea, Blue Lagoon, Jet Black Amalgam; Distress Oxides - Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Lawn Fawn Stencils - Hillside Stencils

I'm submitting this card to a few challenges. The Male Room - TMR#136 where the theme is In the Garden, hopefully this counts. The Paper Players - PP#491 where they want a card with Men in Mind - they'd like it CAS too, not sure whether this counts. Finally, I'm also playing along with Uniko - USC#59 where it's Anything Goes with the option of bright and happy, and I think this is!


I stamped the large pine tree in four shades of aqua ink - I really like the depth you build up with these stamps, they are so easy to line up too. For the smaller trees I used shades of green and blue. I know that in real-life you don't really get trees that are that blue, but I like the idea! There are dies that go with this stamp set, but I didn't use them I simply fussy cut the trees. To make the background I used Lawn Fawn's Hillside stencils and distress oxide inks. I created a couple of hills. I added a mask for the sun and used torn paper to create the suggestion of cloud banks, and stamped a few cloud outline images. I finished the front with the birthday greeting from Plentiful Pine. I've not had time to decorate the inside, but will do that later this week.


I first came across this stamp set at an Altenew workshop in November 2019 run by Lydia Evans (who lives in a town near me). We all made some Christmas cards using these stamps - they didn't get posted out last year, but were the first ones made for this year. Before I post them out, I'll add some sparkle to the trees to suggest snow, and I'll do the insides too.


That's all from me today. I've been busy doing a week long online class with Dyan Reaveley and a few hundred art buddies called Distinctly Dylusions. It was brilliant and I'll share my pages soon. We have a week off, and then I'm signed up for another week long class. So looking forward to it. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a fun card, Deborah! It is definitely bright and cheery. I also love the holiday cards, too. What an awesome tree image this is! Thank you for playing in my clean and simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your trio of bright trees make for a colourful and sunny scene Deborah that would be sure to cheer any chap on his birthday. Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

Sari / Granne said...

Your pines looks awesome, they make a wonderful, happy landscape. Thank you for joining us in our "In the Garden" challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you again our new "Landscapes" challenge.

cm said...

I'm ready to put on my hiking clothes and go for a wander through your pretty forest! Lovely trees! Thank you for playing along at Uniko!
hugs~carol

Izzy Scrap said...

Love your cards, Deborah ! And especially the one with the bright trees. How colourful it turned out and such a lovely scene. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko ! Hugs x

Beverley said...

Love how you have shown the versatility of this stamp set for different occasions. Your bright colours are perfectly cheerful too. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...