Saturday 16 May 2020

JUGS GD - Happy Birthday ...

.... Hi! I'm half-way through my time as Guest Designer at Just Us Girls and I'm having a great time with so many lovely cards to see. This week is colour week - JUGS#536 and we want to see bright colours - green, orange, yellow and pink. Here's my card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Butterfly Love Turnabout, Beautiful Butterfly; MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes, Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings
Inks: Versafine Clair - Cheerful, Summertime, Charming Pink, Verdant; Gina K - Black Amalgam
Dies: Spellbinders - 5 x 7 Modern Stationary (S6-013) #4; Die-namics - Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX #1
Accessories: White Card; Black Card; Vellum; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Fab Friday - FABF#189 where they have a lovely versatile sketch, and to AAA Birthday - AAAB#13 where they want to see things with wings.


I used my MISTI to stamp the butterfly turnabout image in bold, bright Versafine Clair inks. I stamped the large butterfly on the turnabout in black ink and coloured it with Copic markers, then fussy cut it out. I used a die to cut a panel of the butterfly image and a layer of vellum, adhered them together and put them on the front of the card. I stamped a simple birthday greeting, cut it out with a die and attached it to the card. I finished the front by adding the bold butterfly. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped a sassy birthday message along with another smaller butterfly. I coloured the butterfly with softer tones on the inside of the card.


Do join in with this week's challenge at Just Us Girls - JUGS#536 - I can't wait to see your bold, bright cards! That's all from me for today - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

11 comments:

Heather said...

Love these cheery butterflies, Deborah! So much playful color, and such a fun shape for your background panel! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty! Love the bright colors on your butterflies, great background! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

I like the fun shape of the background panel! The 2 rounded edges really give it a playful look for your butterflies. I like the vellum too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely card Deborah! I love all those fun and bright butterflies. Great sentiment on the inside too!

Jane said...

Oh how beautiful Deborah! Love all prettily coloured butterflies. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Nancy said...

Such a lovely card Deborah! The added colored butterfly is beautiful as well! So enjoy having you with us!

Greta said...

So creative & beautiful! Butterflies are perfect for these colors!

Bobby said...

Great idea to cut out one of the turnabout butterflies to embellish your card, Deborah.

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Deborah. Love all those colourful butterflies.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you used that butterfly Turnabout to create that cheerful, fun background. Beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's lovely to see you guesting with the lovely ladies at JUGs Deborah! Your bright panel of butterflies misted with vellum is beautiful and really sets off the bold butterfly on the sentiment label. Couldn't resist the gorgeous colours this week! Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...