Wednesday 27 May 2020

SHC - Totally Tropical birthday ...

... Morning! It's time for my post for Seven Hills Craft blog. I've a bold, bright and very tropical birthday card to share with you today:


Stamps: Altenew - Parrot Paradise, Totally Tropical; MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes, Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam; Stampin' Up! - Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Call Me Clover; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Altenew - Parrot Paradise, Totally Tropical
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Flirty Flamingo; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; SU Vellum - Botanical Garden; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#191 where they want a Totally Tropical card, and to Fab Friday - FABF#190 where the colours are quite tropical!


I started by stamping the large parrot on white card, colouring with Copic markers, putting it back in the MISTI and restamping with Versafine and heat embossing with clear powder. I used the matching die to cut it out. I put some white card in my MISTI and did all the leaves at one go - so easy with this stamp positioner. I used a couple of shades of green ink and then cut out the leaves with the matching dies. I wanted a large tropical flower and used the layered hibiscus image. I cut a panel of peach card adhered it to the cardbase and added some matching tropical themed vellum over the top. I attached the leaves and flower directly to the card and used dimensional pads for the parrot. I did add some sparkle to the parrot. I finished the front with a clean, crisp and simple birthday greeting.


On the inside, I cut a mat layer of peach card and on the white panel I stamped a fun and sassy birthday greeting along with another hibiscus flower.

That's all from me today. I'm having a very busy week - I'm doing another online mixed media class with Dyan Reaveley in the evenings - it's so much fun! See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super Summer and fun card Deborah.
Take care
Faith x

Amanda Mertz said...

That parrot image is perfect for these colors. Love the way you've colored it as well as the matching greenery and vellum paper! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love your bird image, great design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Gorgeous, Deborah! What a great idea for our colors - and such a cute layout! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a fun tropical themed card! Love the colors on your parrot..and that cheeky sentiment inside! Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...