Friday 15 May 2020

C24C - Merry Christmas ....

.... Morning! We're exactly half-way through May and that means it's time for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#10. For the next couple of weeks we want to see your Christmas cards featuring CHRISTMAS FLOWERS. Here's my card:


Stamps: Pinkfresh Studio - Christmas Florals (free with Creative Stamping #76, Sept 2019)
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Black; Copic Markers; Nuvo Aquashimmer Brush - Glitter Gloss, Midas Touch; Dimensional Pads

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - HLSXMAS#05 where it's Anything Goes with the option of Christmas Ornaments, skipped that bit! Also to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#71 where it's Anything Goes.


The stamps I used for this card were free with Creative Stamping #76. I love the bold, clean and crisp lines. I cut a panel of white card and stamped the main image and sentiment directly onto the panel in black ink and used Copic markers to colour. I stamped the flowers again twice on white card and selectively coloured the poinsettia and little pink flowers, which I carefully cut out. I edged the cut images with a black pen and then used dimensional pads to adhere the pieces. I do like the dimension this gives, and it's not something I do very often!! I added sparkle to the blue berries with a clear glitter pen and used the Midas touch pen (gold) for the poinsettia and pink flowers. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card to match the front and on the white panel stamped message and another flower, which I also coloured with Copic markers.


I took a couple of close-up photos to show the sparkle and dimension - I really do like how much this card sparkles!!



Don't forget to visit our blog to see what the rest of the design team have created. Have fun with the challenge and I look forward to seeing what you make. Bye for now!

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful flowers Deborah, I love the sparkle too!

Sue - said...

Beautiful Christmas flowers! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely floral Christmas card, love that the main flower is celebrated, thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challengevfor May.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...