Monday 4 May 2020

Hello ....

... Hi! I'm here with a card for the new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#135 where the DT want the sentiment to be the focus. I think this card does that:


Stamps: Paper Smooches - Hip to be Square
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Winnie & Walter - Hello Cutaway
Accessories: White Card; Black Card; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Shimmer Vellum; Copic Markers


This card came together very quickly as I already had the background done. I actually made it in April 2018 when I was on TMR DT. I die cut a large sentiment from black card, along with three other diecuts in white card and layered them together. I used a die to cut a fancy shaped piece of vellum so that the focus is on the sentiment and not the background pattern. I finished the sentiment by adding lots of shimmer with a clear aqua shimmer brush. The inside is blank for my message.


I think this card will be in the post later today - I'm going to send it to our son, Ben. He lives in Hastings and we don't get to see him much.

Changing tack completely, today we enter our seventh week of "lockdown" in the UK. We are only allowed out to get food, medical supplies or visits, an hour's daily exercise, or to work (if you can't work at home). The Government will be reviewing our lockdown status this week, but I don't think things are going to change for quite a while. For me, crafting has helped so much and given me something else to focus on. I've been busy working on various mixed media projects - I'll share them soon. That's all for now. Keep safe.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I had a look at your earlier card and can't believe how different they look, a Super card Deborah, so with both my hats on - Thank you so much for joining us in our Sentiment in focus challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...