Thursday 7 May 2020

C4Glz - Happy Birthday ...

... Good morning everyone! It's time for our new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. For the next couple of weeks we want to see your BIRTHDAY themed papercraft projects. You can make any type of papercraft project - a tag, card, scrapbook layout, 3D project - but you must make sure that the BIRTHDAY theme is prominent. I've made a one-layer card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge, Happiest Birthday Wishes, My Friend; Uniko - Birthday Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolor - Spectrum; Gina K - Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#418 where they want to see Scribbles, Drips Or Splats, and to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#183 where the key word is Silhouette.


The card you see in the photo is the third one I made! I love clean and simple, but you have to be so careful to make sure your hands are clean. I ruined two by getting inky figure prints on them. I stamped the greeting at the top in black and heat embossed with clear powder. Then I stamped the floral silhouette image in the corner, I used my MISTI so I was able to repeat stamp the image to make sure I got good coverage of ink. I heat embossed with clear powder. Once the image had cooled down I used a couple of paint spatter images for the splats - I need to have some control, so stamped splats work for me. I used a spectrum inkpad to give a rainbow effect. The inside is equally clean and simple. I simply stamped a birthday greeting and added the splatter pattern in rainbow ink.


This card is going into my stash - I've got lots of birthdays coming up during May and June. Don't forget to visit Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#121 to see what the rest of the design team have created. Have fun with the challenge and I'll see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Simply gorgeous Deborah - gorgeous xx Lynda

Carol L said...

This is so much fun for a birthday card! I love all those spatters and I've been there/done that with the inky finger prints! Thank goodness we can always add embellishments to cover up those boo-boos!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card and perfect for our challenge. I love the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and you have inspired me to bring it out and use it! Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.

Craft-E-Place said...

Lovely card! I’m with you controlled splatters is the way to go! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More.
Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...