Wednesday 13 May 2020

SHC - Just for You ....

... Hello! I hope everyone is keeping well. I can't believe we're half-way through May already! Time is just flying by. However, it does mean that I'm here today with my post for Seven Hills Craft Blog. I've been spending lots of time in our new garden watching how the flowers change, watering the garden and enjoying all the wildlife that is visiting. And that was the inspiration for this card:


Stamps: Altenew - Best Buds; MFT - Brilliant Butterflies
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam, Sweet Mango, Tangerine Twist, Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Key Lime, Grass Green, Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac
Dies: Die-namics - Brilliant Butterflies
Accessories: White Card; SU - Black Card; Sakura Stardust Pens

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge - HLSAGD#05 - do like these dies!


I've used the lovely MFT Brilliant Butterflies here, fluttering around a single flower from Altenew's Best Buds. I stamped the flower directly on the card base. The butterflies are made up of several layering stamps, I did try to die cut the matching shape and then stamp the image, but it didn't work for me. I took photos of my process:



I used my MISTI to position the stamps. I stamped the bottom wings in the paler ink, placed a clear grid overlay over the card, positioned the upper winges, did a test stamp on the overlay and once happy that the wings were in the right place, stamped them on the card. I repeated this process with the lace wings and body. I used the matching die to cut out the butterfly and did this several times for all the butterflies on the card. I added some sparkle detail to the lace wings on each butterfly using Sakura Stardust pens. I had some extra butterfly bodies die cut, so I layered the finished images on one die cut each and then adhered them to the card. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card, and on the white panel stamped a greeting, another flower and finished by adding another butterfly - you can't have too many!!


This card is for a friend of mine who works as a nurse in the NHS. She's so busy at the moment, I just wanted her to know that she's special.

I also made a birthday card featuring a flower and butterfly.


Stamps: Altenew - Best Buds, Botanical Garden, Beautiful Inside
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam
Dies: Altenew - Geo Frames
Accessories: White Card; SU - Black Card; Sakura Stardust Pens; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to AAA Birthday - AAAB#13 where they want to see things with wings - done! Also to Seize the Birthday - STB#190 where it's either Anything Goes birthday, or Monochromatic, done.



I die cut the panel using a rectangle frame die and stamped a flower, butterfly and sentiment in black. I coloured the flower and butterfly with Copic markers and then realised that the line weight of the flower didn't match the butterfly and sentiment - see photo. So I stamped the rose on white card, coloured it to match, fussy cut it out and adhered it to the panel. I don't think you can really see the old flower, and if you can, there are always lots of flowers in the garden!


On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped a birthday verse, along with another of the flowers from Botanical Garden. I coloured the flower and left it at that.


That's it from me for today. Do come back again soon. Bye!!

signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OOAh! I Love those stamps Deborah, both are gorgeous cards, love the colours.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Jane said...

Pretty pinks! And I also love the butterflies on your first card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Zoechaos said...

Such lovely cards and those stamps so useful. What gives these cards the edge though is how you used the stamps so creative. x

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Deux très jolies cartes.
Mais alors la première est juste Waouh !!!
Originale et magnifique.
MaryannG

Nancy said...

I am trying to refrain from buying yet another butterfly set! These are so fun and you have done an incredible job with them! As for your last card, I Love the bold pink flower resting and waiting for the butterfly to land! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

Helen said...

Wow! Your butterfly card is so eye-catching! Such a clever use of colour and stamping brings this arty card to life! Loving these butterflies! Always onw of my favourite creatures! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge this month! Take care! :)

Pip Lewer said...

Lovely card and you can't go wrong with butterflies and flowers. Thanks for playing with us this month at AAA Birthday.

laurie said...

So pretty and a great design! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...