Tuesday 11 June 2013

You bring me sunshine .....

.... Hi again!  I'm back a bit quicker than expected - got all the washing and ironing finished quicker than expected - so free time to play!!!  And that's good because as soon as I saw the challenge at CASology - CAS48, cue word YELLOW, I knew what I'd be making.  The card also works for the current Addicted to CAS Challenge - ATCAS14, cue word CIRCLES - here there are many!!! Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - My Island; My Favourite Things - First Class Friend; Verve - Learning to Sail
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Lil' Inkers - Stitched Squares #6; Memory Box - Circle Burst Sm
Accessories:  SU DP - Daffodil Delight; White Lustre Card



This came together so quickly - I think it took 30 minutes from start to finish!!!  The cue word yellow just shouted sunshine to me.  I used the polka dot bright paper from Stampin' Up! to make the mat layer; I also stamped a little sun on this paper and cut it out.  I used the Lil' Inker squares to cut out the white layer and then used the Memory Box die to create a "sun".  I love the words on this sentiment, absolutely perfect for the card.  I finished off the inside with a mat layer in yellow card and on the white panel a heartfelt sentiment.


Kathryn has just come home from school, weighed down by the contents of her school locker.  The children had to clear everything out today.  I think the last couple of days consist of fun activities - films, parties and signing of the Year Book.  I can't believe how fast the past year has gone.  Kathryn really has enjoyed her first year at an American Middle School - junior high!!!  She's grown up such a lot too!

I think that really is all for today. The weather has turned out to be much nicer than expected and I think I need to do a bit of weeding before we fly to the UK.  See you tomorrow.

21 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, love the design.

Donna x

Claire said...

Gorgeous Deborah - what a perfect die for the challenges!

Marybeth said...

Wow Deborah you nailed it for both challenges I see a huge winner here! And I love your round die. A load of clothes is calling my name.uggg.beautiful yellow card! Lucky you that it came together so fast.

Ardyth said...

Wonderful sunny card full of love - this is sure to be well received! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Deborah this is stunning. Thank you for sharing with usu this week at CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah this is just stunning, what an excellent design. Thank you for sharing with usu this week at CASology!

Renee said...

Deborah this is fabulous...
love that center focal point!!
I saw the cue but haven't had a chance to put my brain in gear so far...
maybe as I'm trying to sleep tonight something will "ping" at me! :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE all the circles with the yellow peeking out and that FAB sentiment, Deb!

Pauline said...

Love that sunburst die, so effective with that sunny paper!

Jackie said...

Lots of beautiful cards since I last popped in. I particularly love this one, it's so sunny and cheerful :o)
Jackie xx

Vickie Z said...

Love the die and the WMS sentiment is perfect!! Wishing you a fabulous time on your UK vacation... poor Jonathan will be missing you guys for sure!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, wow and wow! Stunning car.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun and happy card Deb! :)

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely arrangement on your yellow sunny card..love the DP and the stitching on the white paper...great take on the yellow challenge...love this..

I am also joining CASology challenge my card is number 46, would you mind to see it on my blog?I would be glad if you could leave me some love...thanks before and big hugs, Monika

Euphoria Marzena Zablonska said...

Lovely, simply card :-) Grats ♥

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, I gree, yellow just calls out sunshine, doesn't it? I love your circles and pretty yellow paper...great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Meghan said...

Beautiful design Deborah! Have fun on your trip! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

amazing card, Deborah... so perfect for the CASology challenge! thanks so much for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I love that die and I love your card. The DP is fantastic and a perfect match. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Lovely design, sunny and happy, great job, :D x

Beverley said...

Stunning! I hope the sunshine makes an appearance when your here in the UK! Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...