Saturday 22 June 2013

Sequins or pearls ....

.... Good morning, here's another of my scheduled posts for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge.  This week we have an embellishment challenge - we'd like you to use Sequins and/or Pearls on your card.  I decided to have a go at sequins, here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - 2011 Holiday Ornaments; My Favourite Things - Christmas Sentiments
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Pear Pizzazz
Dies: Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) # 4, Squares Lg (S4-126) # 6, 2011 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-334) # 3
Accessories:  Gold Holographic Card; Green Sequins; Glossy Accents; Green Foil Card; White Lustre Card

I got the idea for sequins under a diecut shape from Ren-Yi's lovely candy jar card - so pretty.  I started by cutting the ornate frame from some holographic gold card in my stash.  Next I cut a couple of squares and on the top square I also die cut the ornament.  I traced the shape of the ornament onto the bottom card and then started to attach the sequins.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere the sequins; easy to apply and dries clear.  Once I'd finished attaching the sequins and allowed them to dry, I used dimensional tape to attach the top square - hey presto - a sequined ornament!

For the inside I cut a mat layer in green foil card and on the white panel I stamped a large ornament in green (I used the second impression for a subtle image) and then stamped this bold Christmas sentiment.


That's all for now - don't forget to check out the team's cards.  And I look forward to seeing your cards with sequins and/or pearls!  Bye for now.

10 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Gorgeous Deborah! Love that ornament - so festive and shiny. Terrific use of sequins.

Paula (PEP) said...

An amazing idea with those sequins & so effective - a real beauty.
Paula (PEP)

Claire said...

Such a simple idea Deborah but it looks stunning...bet it took you ages to fix those sequins eh?!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this! What a genius way to use sequins! And I LOVE the variety in color! Gorgeous! :)

Ruth M said...

What a wonderful way to use sequins Deborah, I love your shiny ornament! The green and gold with the crisp white is a fab colour combo too!

Hope you're enjoying your stay in the UK although our weather is not great at the mo!
Ruth x

Bev said...

Awesome card! I love your design through the aperture

Bev x

Patricia H said...

I like how you've added the sequins behind the aperture. This would make a fun shaker card, too.

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful use of sequins Deborah...love it!

Renee said...

Deborah this is fantastic!!
I love all those gorgeous colors...
and it's perfect for a bauble die cut! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Oooh ! You are making my blingy heart happy here! That ornament looks divine Deborah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...