Friday 7 June 2013

Summertime .....

.... and the living is easy!!!  Well, that's how the song goes.  Today my card is for The Paper Players Challenge - PP148 - they have a theme for us this week - summer holiday!!  And for me that's getting to be really close - Kathryn and I fly to the UK on 13th June - only 6 days to go!!!  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - My Island
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Antique Linen, Ripe Persimmon
Accessories: Kaisercraft DP - Tropicana; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; White Lustre Card


This card came together really quickly and easily.  There's not much stamping on the front of the card, as I felt this paper worked really well on its own.  I cut a mat layer in black and distressed the edges of the mat and design paper.  You can't really see it in the photo, but the palm has a lovely subtle shine.  I simply added a sentiment to finish the front.  Most of the work was on the inside - I cut another mat layer in black and a panel in white, distressing the edges of both.  On the white card I stamped another sentiment and a few more palm trees.  Then I got busy with my Distress inks adding colour to the edges of the card and leaving a white highlight in the centre as a suggestion of the sun! 


I'd like to think that the weather in the UK will be hot and sunny, but I think it's fair more likely to be a warm and wet!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Bye for now - see you tomorrow with the new 52 {Christmas} Card Challenge - it's a good one!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love the CAS feel to this card...your paper is terrific and I just love the fonts & image! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week, too!

Amy O said...

I love the stamping on the dsp, and that palm tree image definitely makes me think of summer. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Jenny said...

I love the distressed effect on the paper Deborah and the fine line image looks just great against it too :0)
We're having lovely weather at the moment, well try and keep hold of it for you :0)
Jenny x

Mona Pendleton said...

Terrific card Deb!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the image on the color! Have a FAB trip, Deb! I KNOW you are excited!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...