Thursday 13 June 2013

Christmas Banners .....

... Morning all!  Today's the day - Kathryn finishes school mid-day and tonight we fly to the UK to see family and friends!  So excited now.

But I did find some time to play in my craft room yesterday evening and I've a Christmas card to share with you today.  I used a couple of challenges to make it:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter, Secret Santa (Chief Elf), Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Distress - Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax # 2 & 3, Fishtail Flags STAX #2; Spellbinders - Circles Sm (S4-116) #3
Accessories:  SEI DP - Berry Melody; Stampin' Up! - Scalloped Circle Punch; White Lustre Card

This was fun to make.  I picked out three coordinating papers used my Die-namics dies to cut the banners and layered them onto the card.  I stamped the Chief Elf image twice, in green and red punched out the green layer adding some ink to the edges for definition, and used my Spellbinder circle die to cut out the centre.  I adhered the rosette with dimensional tape.  To finish the front I added some elf footprints leading to a simple sentiment.  For the inside I cut a mat layer in another pattern and a white panel on which I stamped a simple sentiment.  Sorry about the quality of the photos, but I had to take them under artificial light!


I have a series of scheduled posts lined up - so do drop by to check them out.  But that's all for now - I'm off to the hairdresser this morning, then it's packing and off to the airport.  See you soon.

11 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous card - I love the little footprints - such a cute touch!

Have a safe flight :-)

Tara

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so adorable! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Deb! Love the trio of banners and tiny footprints!

Have a wonderful trip!

SmilynStef said...

Those little elf foot prints are tooooo cute ... love your color combination too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the colors, the banners, that CUTE sentiment, and those little elf footprints! DARLING card, Deb!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great card Deborah!
Have a wonderful time back in the UK......we go next month and I'm getting excited too!

Kelly Griglione said...

ack! so darn cute!! Love the colors on your Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Marie Bingaman said...

Have a safe and fun trip! Great card you've made with the Belles sketch! :)

Lisa said...

your central embellishment is so lovely and what a great little message - pretty!

Lisa said...

your central embellishment is so lovely and what a great little message - pretty!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥ how adorable and CLEVER is this?! (hint: it's off the charts of awesomeness on both counts!) what a truly beautiful version of our JINGLE BELLES sketch, & a GREAT take on the banners challenge... amazing how well those two could be combined, lol! :) i love everything about this, especially those little elf prints across the bottom... totally have to go look for that stamp! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...