Saturday 15 June 2013

Christmas Ornaments ....

..... or baubles - whatever you want to call them.  Those wonderful jewels that hang on our Christmas trees.  This week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is a theme to feature Christmas Ornaments/Baubles on your cards.  Here's mine:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Vintage Ornaments, Ornate Ornaments, Yonder Star
Inks: Memento - London Fog; Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Bashful Blue; Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - 2012 Heirloom Ornaments (S5-116) #4
Accessories: Silver Foil Card; White Lustre Card; Silver Embossing Powder; Luminarte - Radiant Rain Mist Ice; Habico - Blue Bow


I have to give credit for the idea of using the ornaments on the background to Elizabeta Kushner - she made this wonderful card.  My card was really easy to make.  I simply started stamping the ornament in the middle of the card and worked out.  I made a mask to cover the ornament so that I could stamp the sun ray pattern inside.  I mounted the background paper onto a silver mat.  To complete the front I stamped the ornament again on white card and embossed with silver powder.  After cutting out with the matching die, I used my aqua pen to paint the ornament.  I added a sentiment and attached the ornament with dimensional tape and finished off with a dark blue and silver bow!

I kept the inside quite simple; a silver mat layer and stamped a sentiment and sun ray patterns on the white panel.  I think this design would work nicely with gold and red too!


I've scheduled this post - so hopefully it has gone up as planned!  Kathryn and I are in the UK now - a busy month planned visiting family and friends.  I do hope to have Internet access and be able to visit you - can't wait to see what you make!  Don't forget to check out the Design Team's cards.  Bye for now.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards since my last visit, I particularly love that sailing ship :o)
Jackie xx

Ruth M said...

Stunning card Deborah - so very elegant! Love the cool blue and silver with the white!
Have a wonderful time in the UK!
Ruth x

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous Deborah and I love the technique of stamping the same bauble but in a neutral for the background. Hope you're enjoying your trip! Vicky x

Sue Lelli said...

Do you say Yall now???!!! If so, you've become Americanized! PRETTY card with that ornament motif! Great colors, too!

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a stunning Christmas card Deborah...love the stamps and fabulous colours

Anne

Rocky said...

WOW! What a stunning card, the background is amazing.

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah, this is beautiful...what a stunning ornament too.

Mynn xx said...

Deb, this is absolutely STUNNING! The soft gray is so beautiful with the pops of blue! Gorgeous work! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Patricia H said...

Your card is so very elegant! I really like the soft colors you chose.

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Deborah - this is absolutely stunning. I lOVE the pop of blue from the bow and the ornament in the middle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...