Saturday 29 June 2013

Non-traditional colours .....

.... Hi - here's another in my series of scheduled posts!  This week our challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is to make a card using any of our previous sketches - here's the sketch archive.  Last year I didn't get to play along with all the challenges, so I decided to go back and use one of the sketches from 2012, here's my card:


Stamps: My Favourite Things - LDJ-Stitched Stockings
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green
Dies: Die-namics - Stocking Trio; Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis Rectangles (S4-317) #3, Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #4
Accessories:  SU Card - Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit; SU Ribbon - Gumball Green; Papercellar jewelled ornament; White Lustre Card

This was the sketch for the September 2012 challenge - so many possibilities here! The inspiration for the colours came from the little jewelled ornament - they go perfectly with the SU colours.  I cut a couple of mats in green and yellow and on the white panel I stamped the sentiment in green.  I used the Fleur de Lis Rectangles for the ornate frame, cut out a panel of white card and attached it to the frame.  I snipped out the little decorations on the bottom two loops to enable me to attach the ribbon.  I die the stocking, stamped the image in green and added a little button in yellow.  For the inside I used some more stamps from this set - the pretty borders and sentiments.  A fun, non-traditional colour card for Christmas!


Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's cards - go to 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown to see their lovely creations.  That's all for now, see you soon.

12 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the all green effect with the whtie - the glitteriness is a touch of delightful sophistication too.
Paula (PEP)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the bling ornament Deb and the colors and that fancy mat! FAB card!

Kim Heggins said...

wonderful card Deborah...love all the greens.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous card Deborah - love the non-traditional colours - they do work very well together - Jacqueline xx

sarahstone said...

I like your gold and green, Deborah. It's a very interesting combo for Christmas. You made a very pretty card!

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Deborah, your card is fab, love the choice of colours and your little stocking is so sweet.

Louise xx

Patricia H said...

The fancy mat behind the focal panel is awesome. Nice job with the sketch!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning, Deb! GORGEOUS images and a fabulous bit of shine! LOVE the fun sentiment, too! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a cute card Deb! I love the green stocking and shimmery rhinestones!

Danielle Vincent said...

I absolutely LOVE the colors you used on this Deborah! A fabulous card - inside and out. Hugs D

Ruth M said...

I love the non traditional colour combo and the stamps you've used are wonderful Deborah! The jewelled ornament is gorgeous! What a fabulous and festive card! Great decorated inside too! Ruth x

Bev said...

Deborah, your card is stunning in these colours, and the bling finishes it off lovely

Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...