Friday 14 June 2013

Nautical birthday ....

.... Surprise!!!  I bet you didn't expect to see a card from me today!  I made this on Wednesday evening as I really wanted to play along with these challenges:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - The Open Sea; Waltzingmouse - Man of the Hour; My Favourite Things - Favourite Sentiments
Inks: SU - Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) # 6 & 7; Squares Sm (S4-128) #6
Accessories: SU DP - Olive Olive; SU Card - Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz; White Lustre Card; SU Marker - Old Olive; SU Punch - Circle 1¼"



My card has a nautical theme and is for a guy.  Even though the colours include a pink, I think this works for a guy.  The guy it's going to likes to wear pink, so I think it works for him!!  I used some textured Pear Pizzazz for the side panel and then cut several mat layers.  On the white panel I stamped the image of the sailing ship in Rich Razzleberry and while still wet used my aqua brush to pull the ink into the ship's sails.  I cut a flag for the birthday sentiment, stamped the sentiment in green and added a dashed line beneath,  I finished the front of the card with the compass.  For the inside I cut a green mat layer and on the white panel I stamped a really bold sentiment and finished with another compass.


That's all for today.  By the time this post goes live Kathryn and I should have landed and hopefully cleared Immigration, Customs and collected our bags.  Then it's only a case of picking up the car and driving to Plymouth.  Our marathon holiday has started!!!  See you tomorrow for my 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown post - all scheduled!  Bye for now.

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card for a man Deborah...and love the colours you've stamped your images in

Anne

Renee said...

Fabulous, Deborah!!
Love the nautical...
you had me with it!
Ad hope you are having a wonderful time...
though you're probably napping for now!
Enjoy your trip! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card Deborah...love the ship in a non-tradition color for your beautiful ship.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the nautical motif and the non traditional colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the clean look of this!
Lovely inside as well! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely card! I do love that ship! Looks great in those colours! Love the inside! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lori said...

Love how you used these colors to create a masculine card--looks great! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great card and yes...it will definitely work for a guy! Love your use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...