Tuesday 11 June 2013

Elegant birthday wishes ....

.... Morning all!  Time is marching on soooo fast and I have lists as long as my arms - just to make sure that I don't forget anything before we fly on Thursday.  But I've made sure of some "me" time and here's a card I made for a very special lady.  My mother-in-law has her birthday when I'm in the UK, so I've gone a bit mad and made a large (8" ×8") card for her.  I used a couple of challenges to make it:

Stamps: Stampendous - Jumbo Dahlia; Hero Arts - Layered Flowers; Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud; PTI - Stylish Sentiments - Birthday
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Island Indigo, Raspberry Ripple
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax # 3; Spellbinders - Grand Big Scalloped Circles (LF-249) #3
Accessories:  Kanban DP (Grey); Martha Stewart Punch - Arches Border; SU Card - Island Indigo, Raspberry Ripple; White Lustre Card;



I had such fun making this card.  I love the colours - so rich and elegant, perfect for my mother-in-law.  I cut a mat layer in raspberry onto which I layered this lovely grey/silver paper - isn't the flourish just wonderful?  I had to trim the grey paper to fit the card, and used the scrap on the envelope.  I stamped the dahlia onto white card and cut it out, layering onto a teal scalloped circle.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card and cut it out with my Die-namics fishtail dies.  I finished the front of the card with a punched border in white and an accent flower, layered with all the colours.

For the inside I cut another mat in raspberry and on the white panel I stamped another dahlia (using second impression for a more subtle look) as well as the flourish from the same set.  I think the sentiment is just right for Madeline's card - she's always in our thoughts, but more so on her birthday.


To complete the look, I also decorated the envelope using the left over strip of grey/silver paper - I couldn't waste it - far too nice.  I punched the arch border in the grey paper and laid it over a strip of raspberry card.  They look great together.


I got lots done yesterday - washing and ironing - making sure that Kathryn and I both have clean clothes for our trip.  I laid out the suitcases in the spare room too - and am starting to pack!  I have to be careful to make sure I don't go over the baggage weight limit!

That's all for now - I hope to have a card to share with you tomorrow.  Bye for now.

2 comments:

Donna B. said...

Such a beautiful card! I love that big flower and how you decorated the inside and the envelope! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Deborah and such a stunning background

Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...