Monday 17 June 2013

Waltzingmouse Blog Party .....

.... Hello!  Here's another in my series of scheduled posts.  It's the 17th of the month and that means it's time for the Waltzingmouse Blog Party.  The theme this month is Summertime Fun.  I had the idea of making a card with the big strawberry as I just love strawberries and cream in the summer, but this is what I made instead:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - My Island, North Shore, Free Spirit Boy
Inks: Distress - Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Promarkers - Carmine, Cocktail Pink, Amber, Pumpkin, Orange

Later this summer, we are going to Mexico for our family holiday - will be so nice to have Jonathan with us!  The thought of the tropical warmth lead me to a tropical sunset and this fab North Shore image.  I created the sunset using Distress Inks (thanks to Anya for a wonderful tutorial on U-Tube).  I stamped the North Shore directly onto the card in Versafine giving a lovely crisp image.  I added the perfect sentiment from My Island and finished off the front with my favourite hibiscus flowers.  I stamped the flowers twice onto white card and coloured them with Promarkers; I cut out the centre flower and adhered it with dimensional gel.

That's all for now - all being well I've got Internet access, so I'll get a coffee and check out the cards made for the challenge.  See you soon.

18 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this - great blending and use of those WM images!

Renee said...

Awesome, Deborah!!
I totally see the strawberries in this! *giggle*
Actually this IS fabulous...
and love that background...
now I need to find that video of Anya's because I have no idea how to use my Distress Inks...
they just sit here. :(

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful sponged colors on this Deborah! The layered flowers look so pretty - how wonderful that you are taking a family trip to Mexico this summer!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Deb! I LOVE this background! FAB stamps for a summer card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah that background is absolutely beautifully blended and I love that stamp. Oh my the WM wish list just gets bigger. LOL

Kim Heggins said...

Yes, summer is here after seeing your card. Just beautiful and what an amazing sunset!

-Aneta- said...

Deborah..what can I say ? Real stunner !!! I love the colourful background and perfect coloured flowers :) You choose just amazing colours for this project !

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful brayer work there, Deborah. Love the gorgeous summer colors and the dimension with your flowers!

Unknown said...

Deborah your sunset is amazing. The colours scream summer evenings, ok well they scream summer evenings of the sort that you see on tropical islands, not so much Northern Ireland lol, but I'm sure you'll see a lot of this in Mexico!! I love the Northshore image front and centre and yep those hibiscus are a favourite of mine also!! stunning card missy, hope you don't mind if I pin! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card and it really screams summer. Your inked background is just gorgeous.

Jeanne J. said...

This is my fave set that you use Deborah - I think this is your signature set - you always show it to it's best advantage and make me green with envy! WONDERFUL!!!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is really beautiful, your colors are just awesome!

Chris L.

Antje said...

Love how you blended the colors in the bg - the card makes me feel, that I should/would love to go on vacations right now!

Kary said...

Deborah, your card looks so beautiful!! Love the awesome background colours and images. A truly summery card!!

Marlena M. said...

Yummy, rich colors and blending Deborah!

Marybeth said...

Strawberries are good, but this is sooo beachy and that means summer! I love the way you did your stamping of the colors Deborah.

Vickie Z said...

BG is fabulous- love those colors and wonderful blending!! Hope you're having fun with family and friends!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...