Monday 16 November 2015

Thank you ...

.... Morning!  You might have seen my post yesterday where I was Guest Designer for the current challenge at Cupcake Inspiration Challenge - CIC#336.  I had a hard time with these colours - not at all in my comfort zone.  However, after making yesterday's card, I made another and here it is:

For You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - You're Wonderful, So Very Grateful
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Wonderful Wreath; Die-namics - In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles Stax #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Calypso Coral; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; White Embossing Powder


I used the cue word, GIVE, from this week's CASology challenge - CAS#172.  One of the things that we do is give thanks for our friends - and this is for one of my UK friends.  I used the stitched die to cut a mat layer for the card.  I stamped that pretty spring-like wreath on white paper, coloured it with Copic makers and cut it out with the matching dies.  I added sparkle to all the flowers with my clear Wink of Stella brush.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with white powder, once cool I stamped it again in black to give a shadow effect.  I finished the front with a yellow bow on the wreath.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of coral card and on the white panel added a simple sentiment, along with a pretty sparkly flower.

For you inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFor you sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I can't believe I've actually made two cards for the CASology challenge!  That's all for now.  Do drop by again soon.

signature

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Pretty! (Keep this stamp around for the next challenge, too!) And you die cut it perfectly - I struggle with that die (although I only have Wonderful Wreath). Thanks for joining us!

Sandy said...

This one is beautiful too!
Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
Sandy, DT Sweetie

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! I love that wreath Deborah!! So very pretty and you've done an excellent job with the colors too! ;) Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hope you will play again! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

Indy's Designs said...

Such a sweet wreath! You've colored is so well! Glad you were inspired to join Cupcake Inspirations' color challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Naki said...

Such a sweet card! I love the clean design with these sweet colors! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Unknown said...

Cute card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...