Saturday 14 November 2015

52CCT - Colours ....

.....  Morning!  Do you know, including today, there are only 6 Saturdays until Christmas!!!  Didn't mean to scare you.  Hopefully, you've been playing along with 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown since the beginning of the year and your Christmas card stash is done or almost there.  But it's not too late to get some cards made before Christmas and hopefully this week's colours - PURPLE AND GREEN will inspire you.  Here's my card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Embellished Ornaments; Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Crazy Talk; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; SU - Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush
Dies: Die-namics - Double Stitched Oval STAX #5; SU/Sizzix - Delicate Ornament Thinlets
Accessories: White Lustre Card: SU Card - Concord Crush; Silver Embossing Powder; Staedtler - Aquarell Pencils; Glitter; Metallic Thread; Silver Mirri Card


I've made a clean, elegant card that has several layers, but is still flat enough to go through the post - which is important as I lots to send by post!  I've used several metallic elements in this card, so I'm submitting it to the current challenge at CAS-ual Fridays - CFC#145.  I love this colour combination, it's rather regal, so I thought elegant would work.

I started cutting an oval die from purple card (sadly discontinued).  I positioned the oval on the card, lightly traced around it and then stamped the holly leaves in Versamark.  I heat embossed them with silver powder and coloured them with green watercolour pencils.  I stamped the ornament on white card and cut it out with the matching die.  I die cut the hanger from silver mirri card.  I coloured the little berries with green glitter.  I finished the ornament with metallic thread in lilac and purple.  I adhered the ornament flat to the oval mat.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment in black.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of purple card.  On the white panel I added a couple of ornament images in lilac and added a greeting.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've taken a close-up photo of the ornament so that you can see the shimmer and sparkle of the green glitter berries - so pretty!  You can also see the metallic thread and the water coloured holly leaves.

Merry Christmas detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  You've got plenty of time to play along, submission deadline is midnight (GMT) Friday 20th November (7.00pm EDT).  Have fun!  See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

elle est superbe Deborah, chic et élégante, quelle magnifique idée tu as eu d'encadrer cette décoration de feuillage, biz

Wanda said...

So pretty! I love how you have soft green in the holly leaves in the back ground and sparkly green in the ornament.

Patricia Hays said...

That ornament is gorgeous!!! I like how you've framed it with the holly leaves - they coordinate perfectly. Awesome job, Deborah!

Claire said...

Oh dear...only that many Saturdays? For someone who is not a fan of purple, I love this! It's a colour combo I'd never have thought would work but it does look so elegant. The holly leaves are such a pretty backdrop and the crisp white of the ornament against the purple is so pretty. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays Deborah!

Shona Chambers said...

Deborah, this is so beautiful!! I absolutely love silver on a Xmas card, and this paired with the purple and green is stunning. Especially love all the holly leaves popping out in the background. So very excited you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Shelly said...

Oooh, so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...