Saturday 28 November 2015

Uniko - Countdown to Christmas Hop ...

.... Hello again!  So glad you stopped by again.  We're having a Uniko Design Team Countdown to Christmas Blog Hop as a couple of us (me and Nicki) didn't get our stamps in time to join in with the launch of Beverley's new stamps.  I've made cards using all the new sets - well, I just had to.  I'll start with Jingle Bells:

Jingle Bells - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Jingle Bells
Inks: Kaleidacolour - Blue Breeze, Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gloss Card; Embossing Paste; Copic Markers

I made some brayered backgrounds for my 52 {Christmas} Card DT project and I had one left over, so used it for this card.  I added some texture in the form of snowflakes with embossing paste.  I stamped lots of bells on white card, coloured them with Copic markers and adhered them to the card with dimensional gel.  I finished the front with a bold sentiment.  I edged the panel with a silver pen before adhering it to the card base.  I haven't done the inside, yet!  I'm submitting this card to Merry Monday - MM#181 where they want to see blue, white and texture.

And I finally got the inside done too - here it is:




My next card features my favourite set - I Love Coffee.  And I do love my coffee.  This is such a fun set.

Coffee & Friends - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - I Love Coffee
Inks: Kaleidacolour - Cappuccino Delight, Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Early Espresso; Memory Box Stencil - Rings & Puddles; White Embossing Powder


I stamped the coffee cup on some scrap card and cut it out, edged it with a marker and then stamped the Uniko flower inside.  I stencilled some coffee rings on the card using Kaleidacolour ink.  I finished the card with a sentiment stamped in Versamark, embossed with white powder and attached to the card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark brown card and on the white panel stamped the sentiment again and added some coffee beans.  I'm submitting this card to Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#214 as I used the sketch for the layout, and also to Colour Throwdown - CTD#370 - love these colours.

Coffee & Friends inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCoffee & Friends sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Next I used Labelled Christmas and made an ultra CAS card - this was fun after all the other cards I've made lately!

Labels - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Labelled Christmas, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Perfect Plum
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Perfect Plum; SU Punch - 1¾" Circle

I stamped three of the images using different shades of red and cut them out with a circle punch.  I adhered them to a white panel which I mounted on some dark lilac card.  I used the colours from Colour Me Card Challenge - CMCC#99 and, as the theme is Anything Goes at AAA Cards - AAA#53, I'm playing along there too.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark lilac card and added a simple greeting.

Labels inside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsLabels sq  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Last, but no means least, I made a card using Essentially Christmas:

Holly Jolly - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Essentially Christmas, Background Builders Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Garden Green; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red, Garden Green; Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder


I got my inspiration for this card from Muse Challenge - MUSE#143, where I CASEd Tracey's lovely card.  I cut a panel of red card for the mat layer.  On the white panel I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with Gold Tinsel embossing powder.  I stamped the tree in the corer and added lots of little red stars.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panel added some little Christmas trees and a sentiment.

Holly Jolly Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHolly Jolly inside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Don't forget that by commenting here and on all the Design Team blogs along the way you will be in the chance of winning the ENTIRE RELEASE! (Or an eGift Certificate to the value of any of the products from the release you may have purchased).  Remember, simply visit & comment along the hop by midnight Saturday 5th December, to be in the chance of winning  the ENTIRE release! The WINNER will be announced Sunday 6th December.

Bev - Uniko
Deborah - that's me!
Jane
Nicki
Sarah G
Sarah P

Have fun hopping along - that's all for now.

signature

23 comments:

Jane said...

Wow! You've really been busy! Fabulous selection to showcase Uniko and thanks for linking up with AAA Cards too.

Beverley said...

What a wonderful festive showcase of the entire release. I love the colours of your first card, it really is an eye catching design & beautifully coloured. Great take on the sketch with your coffee card too and a duo of CAS delight makes my heart happy. Hugs Bev x

Ardyth said...

Fantastic set of cards - love the bells - they look really artsy and graphic to me - very cool. Also love the graphic look of your 3 Christmas message dots and I love the simplicity of your Muse card - those stars seem to add sparkle! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fantastic collection of cards debs and showcasing the uniko sets brilliantly! I adore all that blue on the first one and your coffee cup card accessorised with the stencil is gorgeous! Great to sew you've player along at AAA cards too. Thanks so much. Sarah x

Amy O said...

Cute cards! Love how you used the coffee rings with the sketch for FMS. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Anonymous said...

Fab set of cards Deborah.

Lindsey said...

Ooh! You have been busy (& having lots if fun too, no doubt!). Lovely cards showcasing the stamp sets x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!

Bonnie said...

Lots of wonderful Christmas cards, Deborah! Love those bells and the shimmery snow! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful variety of cards. I love the blue bells card. It's a wonderful image and your coloring is fabulous.

Creating with Susan said...

Lots of great cards - I especially like the first one - all that blue is gorgeous!

Melissa L. said...

Super CAS ombre pinks card, Deborah. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT

Vickie Z said...

Lovely set of cards!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Jen Timko said...

What fabulous cards! I really love that coffee set too and you have used it so well on this sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Rahmat said...

All 4 are lovely and unique in their own way Deborah, I love the gradient blue on the first ones, its very striking.

Tracey McNeely said...

The gold embossed sentiment really sets your lovely card off Deborah! Thank you for sharing at Muse this week!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous set of cards, Deborah! Thank you for playing along with Colour Me this week!

cm said...

A an array of fabulous cards, Deborah! Love the blues of the bells, the 'friendship' of the coffee cup and festive colours of the sentiment circles. Delightful showcase of this new release!
Hugs~c

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!! I love all your fabulous cards...the new stamps are sooo awesome and I love how you used them!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!!!

Jill V said...

A really great collection of cards! I really like the ombre effect that you created with the labeled Christmas - fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill

OttawaMom said...

Lovely, festive group of cards! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this week at Colour Me...!

shirley-bee said...

You've made up for lost time, Deborah! Gorgeous showcasing of all the sets - love the cascade of bells!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful cards. Love the luscious colors in the Labeled Christmas card. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...