Sunday 29 November 2015

Christmas Wishes ....

.... Good morning!  It's the last day of our long holiday weekend, we've all had a really good time.  It's been mostly lazy, but I've also had time to play in my craft room.  I've another Christmas card to share with you this morning:

Christmas Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Essentially Christmas, Balloon Bash; Waltzingmouse - Tis the Season
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Tempting Turquoise; Gloss Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Pearlescent Embossing Paste; SU Punch - Christmas Ornament (discontinued)


Yesterday I shared a couple of cards that I'd made using some brayered gloss card - I had a bit left over, so I punched out three Christmas Ornaments.  I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#150 for the layout and, as I've used some left over stash, I'm also playing along with Jingle Belles - JB:15:24 where the team want us to create a card with left over bits.  Finally, as the colours here are white, blue with textured snowflakes, I'm playing along with Merry Monday - MM#181 - I've managed two cards this week!

I turned the sketch to make a landscape card and stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I ran the ornaments through my Xyron to make them self-adhesive and attached them to the front of the card.  I added string to them and finished with some fancy bows.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of turquoise card.  On the white panel I added a simple Christmas sentiment and a few blue stars.

Christmas Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Today I'm off to the regular monthly meeting of the Scrappy Chic Kitchen Roll Sprayers club - where we get to work on our art journals.  It's the perfect way to bring this weekend to a close.  I hope that all my American friends have enjoyed the holiday weekend.  Be safe and see you soon.

signature

10 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Those ornaments are just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the blue ornaments and the fabulous font in the sentiment.

*Vicki* said...

I am just scrolling all around your blog here today and I see all of this gorgeous inspiration!! I am really loving these blue baubles with the snowflakes!! SO elegant looking!! Thanks for the wonderful Christmas inspiration!! HUGS

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! Those ornaments are just GORGEOUS!

conil said...

Love beautiful ornaments and this card has THREE! So pretty with the placement of that amazing sentiment. Just lovely.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

My favorite part of your cards are those pretty bows! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Marie Bingaman said...

Beautiful card Deborah! :)

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love that sentiment placed with the bows on the ornaments! Fabulous take on the sketch!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥ what a brilliant use of scraps, those glossy brayered bits were definitely too lovely not to use up and you've found the perfect home for them on this utterly beautiful card! thanks for joining our delicious feast of "holiday leftovers" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

SmilynStef said...

That ornament punch is a brilliant way to use leftovers ... so very glad you joined us with your holiday leftovers at Jingle Belles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...