Sunday 15 November 2015

Surprise Sweetie ...

.... Good morning!!!  I am absolutely thrilled and delighted to be this week's Surprise Sweetie at Cupake Inspriations Challenge - CIC#336.  The colours for this week's challenge are so pretty and here's my card:

Very Giving - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - So Very Grateful
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Bitty Banners Framelits
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Calypso Coral; SU EF - Decorative Dots; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; White Embossing Powder



I don't often use these colours (I tend to use blues, greens, lilacs, etc) so this was a bit of a challenge for me, but that's entirely the point!!  I stamped the flowers on white card, coloured them with Copic markers and then cut them out.  I made the card base from dark coral card.  I cut a panel of white card which I embossed with dots and used my corner chomper to soften the corners.  I adhered the flowers with dimensional gel.  To finish the front I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, heat embossed it with white powder and cut it out with the matching die.  I used my clear Wink of Stellar brush to add lots of sparkle to the flowers.  On the inside I cut a mat of white card, added some more flowers and finished the greeting.  The cue word at CASology - CAS#172 this week is GIVE - and my card is to say thanks for giving!

Very Giving inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsVery Giving sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a close-up photo of the flowers showing all the wonderful sparkle:

Very Giving detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'd like to thank the team for inviting me to join them this week.  Do play along - these colours are so pretty!  See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this pretty stamp - I almost pulled it out for the next CASology challenge, so keep it close!

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, this is so pretty! I love the way you used the colors for the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge in your floral bouquet...and the dry embossed card base is so fun! The sentiment banner is beautiful, too. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

The colours may have been a challenge, Deborah, but it certainly doesn't look like it from where I'm sitting! Love the shading and touch of sparkle! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sandy said...

So Pretty!
Sandy, Cupcake Inspirations Sweetie

cm said...

Deborah, I was so thrilled to see you as the Surprise Sweetie for this week's challenge and WOW! You've worked magic with these colours! A gorgeous cluster of flowers, with a shimmer that's pure dazzle!
Hugs~c

*Vicki* said...

Yay Deborah, so happy to see you as "guest sweetie"!! :) This card is stunning and the flowers are so pretty!! Fantastic job!!

Naki said...

So beautiful! I love the sparkles on the pretty flowers! It was wonderful having you as a surprise guest this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...