Sunday 22 November 2015

AC - Trick or Treat ....

.... Good morning!  I hope that wherever you are, you're safe and warm.  Winter arrived in Northville yesterday - we had about 3" of snow - I know that's not much by comparison with some, but it's more than enough.

Anyway, moving on, it's my turn to host a post at Airless Chambers, where we share some of Rick St Dennis's darker images.  I managed to get a bit of time in my craft room yesterday evening to finish a card that I started on Friday when it was still warm and sunny!  I've decided that it's not too early to make a start on next year's Halloween collection:

Trick or Treat - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Smiley Bill the Monster Clown; Winnie & Walter - Moonlight
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Soft Sky, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Tangerine Tango; Graphic 45 DP - Rare Oddities; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; White and Clear Embossing Powders


I know that many people like clowns and actually enjoy watching them.  But I really, really don't like them much - and when they look like Smiley Bill here, I like them even less!  I think he makes a wonderful zombie clown!  I printed him on white card, coloured him with Copic markers, cut him out and added a subtle shimmer to all his greenish skin.  I used tangerine card to make the base and stamped some spiders webs at the corners, embossing them with clear powder to give a tone-on-tone effect.  I cut a piece of purple design paper, stamped on some more spiders webs and embossed them with white powder.  I adhered the panel to the card, attached the clown and finished with a simple sentiment.  I also added a couple of little spiders in the webs.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card, stamped on a greeting and added a few more spiders webs.

I used the colours from this week's Colour Q challenge - cQc#317, as I think they're just perfect for a Halloween card!

Trick or Treat inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsTrick or Treat sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If you want to get a head start on next year's Halloween cards, then may I suggest a visit to Rick's Zibbet shop where he has hundreds of images from cute to down right scary!!

I'm not planning on going out at all today - well, I'll have to clear the drive, but apart from that I'm staying indoors and playing in my craft room.  Be safe.  Thanks so much for dropping by, see you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Too fun!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yeah, Smiley Bill is EXTRA creepy LOL!! BUT you've colored him perfectly Deborah, this is a terrific card!! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Michelle said...

Love this fun but spooky clown! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...