Thursday 19 November 2015

SNG - Merry Christmas ...

....  Morning!  It's a beautiful morning here in Northville - a marked contrast to the grey and rain that we had yesterday.  I've not been in my craft room much this week - well that's not entirely true, I did do some tidying up earlier, but today is the first time I've made a card all week!

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi: Christmas Party Hat; Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz Crazy Talk
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: PTI - Wet Paint Holiday; Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Home for Christmas; Green Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I'm submitting this card to Muse: Christmas Visions - MCV#29, where I've CASEd Betty's beautiful card.  I've used the colours, the foliage is in my background paper and this lovely hat, and the layout.

I think that by now you all know that I just love Rick's wonderfully elegant Hat Ladies.  This lady is perfect for a Christmas card with the roses and holly in her fabulous hat.  I printed her on white card, coloured with Copic markers, cut her out and added sparkle to the fur and feathers with a clear Wink of Stella Brush.  I used a border die to cut the curve on the design paper and adhered it flat to the card.  I found some really dark green textured mirri card in my stash and die cut the word "Christmas" from it.  I stamped the word "Merry" in black, using my stamp-a-ma-jig to position it.  On the inside I cut a mat from another piece of the design paper, and on the white card I added a border and a greeting.  The only stamping I did on this card is the word Merry!!!

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can find this elegant Hat Lady at Rick's Zibbet shop, along with lots of her friends.  Rick has over 1,200 images at his shop ranging from the elegant ladies, through cute little mice, to fun Halloween, and on through to quite scary Halloween and Creepmas images!  Not only can you get single digital images, but Rick has also produced several colouring books.  If you like rhinestones, furs, elegant ladies - then have a look at Chapeaux a la Mode, it's full of wonderful images and super quotes.  If you fancy something a little more on the dark side, then you'll like Rick's latest addition - Creepy Creepmas.  Hopefully, my copy should arrive today!


Now, I've got to get back into my craft room as I've a few more projects to make.  So, that's all for now.  As always, thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving comments - I really do appreciate it.  Bye for now!

signature

3 comments:

Marybeth said...

What a fun Christmas card Deborah! Nicely colored too!

Ardyth said...

Love the vintage image and your use of the MCV layout! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Deborah!

Betty Wright said...

Fantastic card, Deborah! There is nothing like a clean craft room to get the creativity going. Thanks so much for playing along this week at MCV!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...