Saturday 28 November 2015

52CCT - Technique ....

... Morning all!  This is the first of my posts today.  It's time for our last challenge of the month at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  As usual this is a Technique/Stash challenge and the technique we'd like you to use on your Christmas cards this week is SPONGING OR BRAYERING.  I went a bit mad and used both techniques:

MerryChristmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dylusions - Seasonal Stamp Set
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch; Versafine - Onyx Black; Archival - Jet Black; Kaleidacolour - Blue Breeze
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gloss Card; Copic Markers; Dylusions - Seasonal Stencil


I sponged on three shades of blue through the snowflake stencil and then lightly edged the card with dark blue ink.  I brayed Blue Breeze inks on some gloss card - I love the way the colours blend on gloss card.  Then I stamped the Christmas tree on the brayered card and cut it out.  I stamped a couple of parcels directly on the card, and one on some scrap.  I added colour to the ribbons using Copic markers.  I finished the front with a bold sentiment and colour the berries and leaves with Copic markers.  I was really busy in my craft room yesterday and haven't, yet, done the inside.  I got the inspiration for this card from the photo at Fusion - FUSION#44.

I finished the inside today (4th December) quite simple, but pretty!



Merry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do check out our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  See you soon!

signature

3 comments:

Fabiola said...

Deborah, tu as magnifiquement relevé ce défi, quelle superbe technique, le résultat est simplement superbe et très moderne, biz

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Wow!! This is just stunning Deborah! I love the ombre effect on the tree and the colours are gorgeous Xx

Julie said...

Oh my I love those trees and the color combo. Fab card
Julie T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...