Tuesday 24 November 2015

One Layer Christmas ....

..... Morning!  I've a Christmas card to share with you this morning - it's not too late to get some handmade cards done.  This one combines a few challenges:

Love & Peace - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Rustic Christmas
Inks: Distress - Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - Ovals Petit Sm (S4-140) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red; Clear Embossing Powder; Pitt Pen - Gold; Sharpie - Gold


I love the silhouette images that Claire created for the Rustic Christmas set and I used a couple on this card.  I stamped the stag head in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed it with clear powder.  I wanted to emphasise the image, so die cut a mask and inked around the image with red and green.  I put the die over the image and drew around the edge with a gold pen - I moved the die around a bit to create some doodled lines and used two different shades of gold pen.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card.  On the white panel I stamped another of the silhouette images with Versamark, heat embossed with clear powder and then went over it with some green ink - love resist emboss!!  I finished by drawing a faux stitched border.

Love & Peace inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsLove & Peace sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used a few challenges for this card.  It's a one layer card, so I'm submitting to One Layer Christmas Card Challenge - OLXCC#22 where the theme is Anything Goes with the optional twist of a silhouette - done!  The colours are from Just Us Girls - JUGS#320 - so festive.  Finally, The photo at Inkspirational - INK#96 gave me the idea of a stag head.

That's it for now, but I'll be back later today with my post for the new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  Do drop by and check it out!  See you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the subtle red and green in the background and the fun deer focal. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

Love that the sponged red and green really make the focal image pop! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

Stella said...

Oh deer; you got me with this one. LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with deer these days, can you? Yours is lovely and I need to get some of mine out and make something!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Vickie Y said...

Fabulous silhouette card. Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

Vickie Y said...

I *think* I referenced the wrong challenge in my previous comment! Love your deer silhouette! Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC!

Nonni said...

That deer silhouette with the sentiment is absolutely gorgeous. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Pia Larsen said...

Super cool and modern take on combining the reindeer head and the background colours.
Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. We hope you had loads of fun in the process :)
Pia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...