Thursday 26 November 2015

SNG - Give Thanks ....

.... Hello again!  It's my turn to host a project over at Sparkle and Glitter where we showcase Rick's fabulous digital images.  I've made a fun card for Thanksgiving:

Give Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Patriotic Turtle; Stampin' Up! - For All Things
Inks: SU - Early Espresso
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Crushed Curry; Copic Markers


This is the Patriotic Turtle and would normally be coloured in red, blue and white for the 4th July celebrations, but I think that coloured in autumnal shades he works perfectly for a Thanksgiving Turtle.  I've used the colours from Colour Q - cQc#318 and and it also fits with our theme of Thanksgiving/Thanks over at The Male Room - TMR#24-15.

I printed the turtle on white card, coloured it with Copic markers and cut it out.  I cut a panel of design paper slightly smaller than the card and adhered it flat to the card base.  I added the finished turtle and finished the front with a suitable greeting.  On the inside I cut another mat of design paper and on the white panel added some acorns.

Give Thanks inside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGive Thanks sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


You can find the Patriotic Turtle and his friends at Rick's Zibbet shop.  Not only are there turtles, but there's lots of images for Creepmas (check back in December for more of that) and also for Christmas!

I think that really is all for today - I'm off back to my craft room to make some more cards which will be on show tomorrow and over the weekend.  See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Joyce said...

This is really adorable. Thanks so much for sharing at ColourQ.

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, wow! What a great idea to make a Thanksgiving turtle! Love how you colored him up! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is SUCH a cute image!! What a fun masculine style Thanksgiving card Deb!! :) Thanks for joining your own challenge!! LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...