Wednesday 16 September 2015

ASM - Make Your Mark ....

...  Good evening, I'm on a roll today!  I'm back with my card for our new challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This week it's our Make Your Mark challenge where you make a mark - pencils, pens, stencils, chalks, pan pastels, inks - your choice.  Here's my card:

Peace & Plenty - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: QKR Stampede Digi - Indian Corn; Waltzingmouse - Peace & Plenty
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Lost Lagoon, So Saffron, Tangelo Twist
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Birthday Bash; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Cuttlebug EF - Autumn Type


I need to make some Thanksgiving cards for my stash, and the colours over at The Paper Players - PP#262 are just perfect.  Indian corn is a variant of normal yellow maize, but it's multi-coloured and is often used to decorate homes here in the US for Halloween and Thanksgiving.  I printed the image on white card, coloured with Copic markers, cut it out and added some sparkle to the cobs with my clear Wink of Stella brush.  I cut a piece of design paper for the mat layer (matches the colours in the corn cobs) and adhered it to the card.  I cut a white panel on which I stamped a simple sentiment and then embossed with autumnal words.  I attached the Indian Corn image with dimensional gel.  On the inside I cut another mat of the design paper and added a Thanksgiving greeting.

Peace & Plenty inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsPeace & Plenty sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close up photo of the corn cobs - you can see the shimmer.  We had bright sunshine when I took the photos, it was gorgeous.  Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspiration pieces from the rest of the team.   Have fun!

signature

7 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on the corn and I love how you added texture with your embossed panel! Really lovely autumn card, Deborah!

Tanja said...

love how you used the colors on the corn and in the background

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning card here Deborah! Love the wonderful texture from your sentiment background! :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, I love Indian Corn! This is just gorgeous and the embossing and sentiment are perfect for this card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Rahmat said...

Deborah, you have colored the corn so well, they look pretty much realistic! and I love the colorful striped border.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Indian corn - what a clever way to use this week's colours! Love the embossed white panel with the sentiment too. Thanks for joining my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Shona Chambers said...

Love that patterned paper Deborah, it really does match the corn perfectly. Reminds me too of lots of little books. Beautiful embossing too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...